Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Best Q 500 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 09:24 AM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Q 500 ARF

What are everyone's thoughts on the best Q-500 ARF? It seems as though the GP Viper is very popular but has a few issues. I have a Jett 50 with a Jett bladder tank that will go on it so racing will not be an option. This being said, I am willing to have a plane that is a bit heavier if it will hold up better. I saw some posts about the Viper showing damage from a hard landing (not a crash) when it should not have shown any damage. Is the Predator or Dominator a better choice? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:37 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default RE: Best Q 500 ARF

The Viper is the better route, even with some of the issues. All it takes is a little prepping. I'm going to put together a "Prep" sheet for the Viper. It has a much better wing on it.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Larry J.

Default RE: Best Q 500 ARF

ORIGINAL: PylonWorld

The Viper is the better route, even with some of the issues. All it takes is a little prepping. I'm going to put together a !QUOT!Prep!QUOT! sheet for the Viper. It has a much better wing on it.
I too have a GP Viper with a bunch of engine on the front. I haven't gone through it yet but do you have a "Prep" sheet available ? I expect this will roll in the 180MPH range. Appreciate any help on keeping ALL of the parts flying in the same direction.

Thanks