Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

An Unofficial NMPRA Discussion forum

Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

An Unofficial NMPRA Discussion forum

Old 08-21-2002, 05:05 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Unofficial NMPRA Discussion forum

Crash Bevil and Sam San have made comments in a couple of debate threads that the passionate discussions are troublesome to them.

One reason I partnered with Marc Vigod and RCUnverse.com to create these forums was because Marc has a lot of experience with network administration. I am proud of myself for forming this alliance because RCU has proven to be the most reliable R/C bulletin board on the web, and our forums are almost always available.

The NMPRA forum has not been staying up on a regular basis. Is anyone in favor of having an Unofficial NMPRA Discussion forum here, so that we don't have NMPRAus commicatus interruptus, and so that we can keep the Q-500 and Q-40 forums for informational purposes only, and keep the debates going in a separate area?

If you have an opinion that you want to be private, plase email me at [email protected].
Old 08-21-2002, 08:28 PM
regis
My Feedback: (3)

While it might be convenient to have the NMPRA forum on RCU, it's a bad idea. It would be "Unofficial ", so what's the point. Best to keep the separation between NMPRA an PylonWorld as wide as possible. You have made enough people apprehensive as it is.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:55 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Regis,

The point was to separate the rules discussions, debates, etc out of the Q-500 and Q-40 forums.

Ok, then, how about a forum called Pylon Hanger Discussion or Pylon Clubhouse Discussion for the above?

I don't know why people would be apprehensive. I started the 424 Unification thread, and in my opinion good things are coming out of it.

As I've said, I'm about consensus, not my own opinions. I tend to be able to get people to open up on things that they want to talk about, and bring their experience and knowledge to the table. There should be nothing scary about that. Corporations pay big bucks for people that can do that. I'm doing it for the pylon world for free.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:46 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Stan,

Not to worry. When I made the suggestion I forgot that some people are overly sensitive to the use of the acronym.

I just want to separate the "Hot Pylon Topics" from the regular content. And that's probably what I'll call the new section.

I don't have to spend any time monitoring RCU to make sure it is up. Marc Vigod and a whole crew do that. All I have to do in monitor the postings. People seem to like the organization of the forums, as well as some topics I start, too.

My web site is also up 99%+ of the time. And very low in cost. If you're spending time on keeping sites up and running versus creating content, you might want to consider a strategy change. I spend most of my time on content and answering emails.