Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pylon Nats Frequencies and Entry Form

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Pylon Nats Frequencies and Entry Form

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 04:47 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pylon Nats Frequencies and Entry Form

In years past, I've seen an entry form for racing at the Nats, but so far I haven't seen it or found it on the web site.

What frequencies are allowed? I've seen a list in the past that limited the range and/or separation of frequencies.

If I've got to get a new Tx Freq Module and Rx crystals, I need to do it ASAP. Most of my stuff is on CH 53.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Ed Smith

The pylon racing frequencies at the Nats are as follows. Start at Channel 13 and go up in threes. I think it stops at 52.

If you are going to enter I would get in in quick. There is a late entry fee. I am not sure what the cutoff date is.

When it comes to entry forms, the AMA is like the NMPRA. They like to keep it secret. For some bizarre reason both organizations believe that secrecy promotes the activity.

Ed S
Old 06-11-2002, 01:18 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Don, quite a few of the frequencies will probably be closed out.

I would check with AMA headquarters to find out what frequencies are still available before you send in the paperwork.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:57 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

When I got back in and bought my radio stuff, I didn't expect to start racing, and ignored the frequency separation chart ...

I didn't know about (or remember) the need for early registration ...

My wife's only living aunt (or uncle) has taken a turn for the worse, and probably won't make it much longer ...

It was going to be a whole lot of work to get ready ...

I think I'm going to scale this mission back to just attending and possibly working.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:17 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Hold my horses there ...

I've got a month ... that's a lot of time ... Even with all of the shipping delays and everything else, I still may fly.