Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

USRA Provisional Class/Dominator 1500

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

USRA Provisional Class/Dominator 1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:23 PM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default USRA Provisional Class/Dominator 1500

I just ordered a Lanier Dominator 1500 and a Super Tigre 3250. I did not buy a muffler because I am hoping to get some feedback on what is the current hot set-up. The USRA rules [item #3] state that only a stock muffler that is cataloged for this engine is allowed. Does that mean Super Tigre mufflers only, or any manufacturers muffler that is listed for this engine?

The rules for fuel [item #6] state that the race organizer provides the fuel. It is to contain 12% synthetic oil. Super Tigre recommends castor oil for lubrication. Is there any provision for this type of fuel?

Race numbers.[item #7] Can race numbers contain letters as well as numbers?

Final question. The kit does not contain any hardware. Are there any hardware requirements other than servo output and battery capacity?

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can or willing provide.

Tony

Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: USRA Provisional Class/Dominator 1500

Hi Tony,

You might want to visit the USRA forum http://www.usrainfo.org/forums/ikonboard.cgi . You'll be able to find those readily there who can answer your questions.

They're going to make you run the fuel that they supply.

Generally, a mix of race numbers/letters are allowed.

Hardware is open as I know it. The key is making sure you pass a tech inspection. In all the other classes, 4-40 hardware is mandatory on pushrods, etc.

Michael
Old 03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I posted here hoping to get some unbiased response to the rules. I'm sure that there are some loopholes. [sneaky little tricks] to give one ever so slight an edge. It appears [as I expected] that the fuel rule would be strict, as is the prop rule [race organizers provide both]. I still wonder if any thought was given to the fact that Super Tigre recommends Castor oil and if it really does make a difference in performance.

If I don't get information here that satisfies my need for any edge as slight as it might be, I will post on the USRA site and see what kind of response I get.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to read and or respond.

Tony
Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub

o