Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

what range of servo's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 AM
HaveBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what range of servo's??

Hi, I'm sorry if this is not exactly a pylon racing question , but I figure you guys pretty much have the top end of "speed planes" and run them far more regularly than most other people..
I want to get myself a predator or viper airframe to use as a bench mark for various engine expirements(speed) in the 40 - 50 size.

I figure if I use one particular type of air frame as a test bed I'd be able to judge what a given motor has a better application for

..but what I would like to know is what servos would I use , I mostly use Hitech gear , if you could recommend a correct servo If its over torqued for the job I dont mind though but I dont have megabucks to spend, Just want the most compatible for the higher speed

thanks
Old 09-21-2005, 07:12 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what range of servo's??

If you like Hitec, the 225 works pretty good and is economical. Don't worry about metal gears, nylon is fine. If you want digitals, Hitec makes the 5245MG that is stronger, and centers better than the 225.

Another inexpesnive option is the Expert SL451 which works well.

After those options your looking at more expensive servos.

Futaba 9650
Futaba 3002

JR 3121
JR 3421
Old 09-21-2005, 08:00 AM
HaveBlue

Default RE: what range of servo's??

ok thanks very much Dave, that gives me a range to work with to suit my pocket!!!