Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Another Texas Sky Raider/LA Racer Pylon option!

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Another Texas Sky Raider/LA Racer Pylon option!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Texas Sky Raider/LA Racer Pylon option!

The vote went down tonight to allow Sky Raiders and LA Racers into our Rookie races. We will let them come race, as long as it has a bushing .40 on them. We had opened it up to other "stick" planes last year (Ugly Stiks, ect...) No new faces, so now we are open to almost anything above 500 wing area, non-racing type planes. We need more attendance, and maybe this will help. We see lots of people that "might" try racing, if it was slower, here's their chance.
Racing is every 2nd Sunday, about 1:30. More info is here, http://www.strcc.org/strcc_001.htm
Rookie race pages here.... http://www.strcc.org/strcc_020.htm

FREE hotdogs and drinks if you drive more than 100 miles! (Ken/Gunfighter?)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Ken Erickson

Default RE: Another Texas Sky Raider/LA Racer Pylon option!

Yes, it would be more than 100 miles. And I'm on a diet.

You wrote "bushing engines", does that include the large-frame, hot-ported models?

(There are the FP clone, small-frame engines and then there are the FX-clone large-frame bushing engines) I ask the question because we started with LAs as a separate class. Hardly anyone had an LA. Several had old FPs and Tower 40s and Magnum 40 GPs, which we put in the same class as the BB engines. We are thinking of having all of these engines in the LA class. But what about the Magnum GPA .40A?

Here, we have been running them all together, with the intent to announce who earned the most points and who earned the most points with the bushing engine. At SAPB, the Features allow those who earned the least points to do a heat against eachn other and those who earned the most points to do a heat against each other.

What are you doing ot thinking?

Ken Erickson
Old 08-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Duane-RCU

All bushing engines ok. FP .40, LA's, clones, TT GP .42, Tower .40, Magnums, all are ok. We just run about 6 heats each, depending on how many pilots show up. Points are kept track for the entire year, just for fun, no prizes. No one can out-run Joe, so it's a race for second. Three of us have TT .40 Pros on spare Rookies, so we may start running them next year too. It seems to add around 20mph to the speed.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
gunfighter
My Feedback: (1)

I don't have any bushing engines any more. Open it up to the TT Pro and ST GS 40 and I might make it a few times. I am in the Dallas area often.

If we could find "common ground" in regard to rules, at least in Texas, we might have a few "travelers" that will participate in races around the state. I understand there are a few clubs in the Houston area considering a similar format.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Duane-RCU

Next year we may go to bearing .40's. If you ever happen to be around on race weekend, bring something, we won't keep you out! I bet with the increased wing area of the LA Racer, they will be close in speed to our planes. Next time you are around, give a holler, come fly with us, even if it's not a race day! It will be interesting to see radar numbers from the two engine set-ups on the LA planes. I know me and Joe will buy Club .40 stuff if more clubs close by will race, 424 would be nice too, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
gunfighter
My Feedback: (1)

Duane - PM me with directions. I'm up there quite often.
Chuck
[email protected]