Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Matrix

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 03:58 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matrix

How do you guys run your matrix?

Thanks,

Julius Miller
Old 01-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Default Matrix

Isn't the matrix used to allow multiple channels to be able to race?? I have been told tha tI can't race on my channel because someone alrady reserved it. So how does that work??? Am I just SOL????
Old 01-15-2003, 05:41 PM
Bill Vargas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matrix

Normally at each Race that I have attended, there is or has been people with the same freq. They DO Not Race each other and are placed on the matrix to avoid conflict. At my Races its normally limited to 4 people at one time using the same freq,,, The 5th person is out of luck and will need to change freq's.

BV
Old 01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned

Default Matrix

Kewl, Thanx Bill. we'll see whether I get to pylon 1/12th scale this year or not..
Old 01-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned

Default GrRrRrR

well, I guess racing AT-6 is out this year.. thsi is what I have received. I'm just wondering what they are gonna do when all channells are used???
"At this time we use random selection to set up the races. It's a
lot easier to do that if there are no channel duplications. "

This is from the Southern Indiana pylon club...

Not happy!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 03:25 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Matrix

The usual result in assigning frequencys for series of club races that I have wittnessed is a huge list of people and frequencys that you never see at race time. In the mean time people who really do want to start racing are lost to the sport forever. That club needs to learn to run a mattrix.

John
Old 01-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Bill Vargas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Go Quickee!

Hey G, if thats your case,,, get a Quickee man

BV
Old 01-16-2003, 04:29 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Matrix

I gotta agree with Bill on that, I,ve never seen a Quickee race that the organizers did not know how to run a matrix. Quickee airframes are generally are far easier to fly a proper race line with and a much easier intro to racing. They can be just as inexpensive as the little T6 or any other 'one designs' that are not always very appropriate for racing. Also some areas race Quickees with .25 class engines and these do quite well as an entry level.

I,ll bet with a little research you can find some Quickee racing to you as close as Ind. is.

John
Old 01-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned

Default Matrix

I will be doing the Quickee with the .25 on them this year, I think we start in Lexington abotu April the 7th or somewhere around that date. I wish tha tI could find a team to fly the .40 quickee's with. I had a guy with a Q-500 and a Rossi .40 with a tuned pipe race my lil Q-500 with a .25 .. It was funny, I was at full throttle and he was one click above idle, yet he still lapped me at about 3 laps. hehe
The guys in Lexington do use the matrix and know what they are doing. I was going to do the other race just to have more to do this summer but oh well. Guess I'm gonna save the extra money so I can get into ducted fan as well.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:09 PM
PJ_TankPilot

Default Matrix

If you are a member of the NMPRA, you can download a Windows based computer program that will generate your matrix and print it. It will handle the frequency conflicts.