Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

TT .25 for AT-6 racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:53 PM
windrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT .25 for AT-6 racing

Hiya!
I'm breaking in a TT.25 for AT-6 racing, and wondered how I'm doing.
Our rules require the above mentioned engine. I'm using a 9X5 MA Scimitar prop and getting 13,500 on the bench.
Is this good? What have you experienced for RPM with this setup? The bench is hardly moving......
Thanks for all input.
Keith
Old 01-29-2003, 12:09 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In a our local series of series of 'Slow Quickee' races in the past (.25 powered Q500) The APC LP09360, 9.25 x 6.0 and APC 09355, 9.25 x 5.5 have performed better overall than most others particularly the Master Scimatar. These are Narrow blade props and can be ordered through a shop or Landing products sorry don,t have a link handy.

John
Old 01-29-2003, 12:45 AM
windrider

Default Thanks

Ah, thanks, but I should have been more clear. Our local club series requires the use of a MA 9X5 prop.
Good to know that even the smaller APC props are more efficient. I've used 20" APC's on G-38's with great success.
Fly Fast!
Keith
Old 01-29-2003, 01:13 AM
JohnBuckner

OK keith was not sure if your rules called for a specific prop or not. Sorry I cannot offer any comment on your numbers. Only one gentleman tried that engine in our venue and it was not quite up to the level of some of the other allowable engines.

John
Old 01-29-2003, 07:41 PM
PJ_TankPilot

Thanks for calling me a gentleman, John.

I am surprised that the TT .25 was mandated. I had trouble getting one. Many people were sure there was no such thing as a TT Pro .25. I had one on a 3 lb 10 oz Q-500 with poker chip wheels. I had trouble getting it off the ground on a dirt runway. Once airbourne, it flew OK but the OS FX powered planes were much faster.

I never tached the engine so I don’t know what to expect for RPM. Do your rules allow running 30 % nitro ?
Old 01-29-2003, 08:48 PM
SSAN

Paul,

I remembered your TT .25 with that Q-500 plane Trying Really Hard to get off the dirt run way. Also, I remembered John telling me to get the OS FX .25 because it was faster...

Well, I'm not an OS fan by any mean, but this one I got can turn up to 15,100 RPM with a modified APC 9x5 and it scoot along pretty well... Well enough to take 1st place trophy away from John.

Right, John?

Sam
Old 01-30-2003, 03:47 AM
windrider

Default TT25

I hear what you're saying about the Q-500.
The T-6 should weigh about 2 1/2 lbs ready to fly.
Our rules require the use of the TT25GP ABC engine, and 15% fuel is provided by the host club.
Also require the use of a MA 9X5 prop, so I think I'm on the right track with a Scimitar.
While the planes aren't blazing fast, they are pretty well matched. Except for the ones with OS parts in the engines, that is... ;-)
I'll keep mine stock, fly the circles as well as I can and see what happens.
Thanks, and fly fast!
Keith
Old 01-30-2003, 05:07 AM
JohnBuckner

keith, Truth be know as long as everybody is flying the same equipment then the bottom line is how you fly that course i.e. and accurate entry for a hard pull with a smooth rollout or near rollout to a precise heading that is going have you setup for the next pole. All this time holding that perfect altitude with no speed consuming hunting up and down while dealing with other traffic at the same time. Never as easy as it looks and thrilling challenge. Enjoy

PJ
A gentleman you are and I always enjoy racing with you. By the way your new mattrix program is great and worked very well at the Winterfest. I really liked the format even the I.D. flag grafix right there on the heat sheets and the multiple standings posting during the day. Nice for figuring race strategy, He He as if that would help my thumbs.

Sam
And indeed you had a well earned win. But just wait until summer when we pick up the 'slow' racing again, your buying the coldies.

Gotta go now trying to get ready to test the four engine Kadet Senior in the morning. Ya, Ya I know but there is a life after racing you know.

John
Team Geriatric
Old 02-01-2003, 04:48 AM
SSAN

Originally posted by JohnBuckner

Sam
And indeed you had a well earned win. But just wait until summer when we pick up the 'slow' racing again, your buying the coldies.

John
Team Geriatric
John,

Lets go for one coldie per round, and I'll take mine in Ice Tea form.

Sam