Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Just for kicks, where did you start?

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Just for kicks, where did you start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM
burgster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just for kicks, where did you start?

soloed in '89

Raced r/c cars indoor and outdoor from '90-94

first pylon race was in Canada in '97 (everyone had a rossi except me I had a bushed sport motor still had fun)

raced 250hp snowmobiles on grass and asphalt from 99-02 (now thats a blast)

crewed on an asphalt modified team '02-'06 (now you want to talk about expensive)

starting racing slow quickie in '03

424 in '04

Ed Smith let me fly his 428 plane and take a few laps on the course in '05. It was pretty windy and on landing I stuffed it into the woods. Luckly for me Ed builds a pretty sturdy plane and there was no damage, we put a little tape on the scuffed wing tip and flew again. I have been hooked ever since. (my wife thanks you Ed!)

First 428 race was last years NATS, got my but handed to me, but it was a lot of fun and met a lot of cool people.