Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Racing??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
skull1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing??

Ok i'm kinda new to the r/c racing thing, and I have some questions.
1. I'm in the Houston area, is there any "Club racing" in the area, I know about the series in the state, but I'm not interested in traveling, yet. I will be there in May to watch.
2. What class is the entry level, 428,424, or just expect local rules.
3. What equipment can i expect to need, I have an old Dominator in the box, and a Rossi 40, is that enough to start or do I need something else. I know this will get me in the air, but i'd rather play with what I'm gonna race with. Lot's of talk about a TT40 pro?
4. How much interest is there, for maybe another race sight, once or maybe twice a year?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:34 PM
antique opa

Default RE: Racing??

Skull, If your talking about the club 40 racing, look under club 40 racing rules and mods. LA40's and TT pro 40's, LA racer and MachII planes. Hope that helps.
Mark
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
BUDMAN27

The anwer to your first Q is 424. The next is your Dominater will be fine in 424 ,but you will need a TT Pro 40. with stock mufler and 9x6 APC prop. Check on nmpra.org and they will give the dates for the races down here in this area.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
dwc1

Hello,
I might be able to help with a couple of your questions.
1. I am not aware of many clubs doing much club style racing in the Houston area. The district races tend to be in this area however, except for two in Wichita Falls. There will be two this season at Scobie in Houston, and at least one, maybe two at the TX City field which is just south of Houston.
2. AMA 424 is the entry level class for NMPRA district races. However, we are running the Club 40 event at the May Houston race. In district VIII we require an arf (Viper/Predator) and a TT pro 40 for 424. However, as a new racer, you will be allowed to race in 424 with whatever quickie style airframe you come with. In other words, if you show up to the contest with your dominator, we will certainly let you compete. The unwritten rule would be when you start whippin our butts consistantly, it's time to change to the required airframe/motor. So basicaly, come have fun with what you got.
3. See 2 for the 424 equipment. If you should decide to try out 428, PM me and I will be glad to offer some advise on airframes/motors etc.
4. There is great interest in the possibility of another site. I put the schedule together every year, and find it somewhat difficult to come up with new places to race. In fact we lost a site this year from previous years. If you or your club would be interested in hosting a race, PM me and we can discuss. We have a couple of dates open for this season even if your site is available. It is not difficult for a club to put on a race, as we basically provide everything except workers. We can discuss details over e-mail.

I hope to see you at the Houston Race May 26. Bring out your dominator and come have some fun racing.