Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Dominator 500 battery question

Old 05-20-2007, 03:04 PM
kilmerelrc
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dominator 500 battery question

I am having a hard time finding a battery that will fit into my Dominator. What are you all using and where are you putting it.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
djlyon

Default RE: Dominator 500 battery question

Locate it to get the CG right. Generally from under the wing to back behind the wing trailing edge bulkhead. I use a 4or 5 cell AAA NiMh 4 flat pack or square pack. In my Dominator I believe I had a 4 cell AAA square pack velcroed to the left sidewall just in front of trailing edge bulkhead. If necessary don't be afraid to a smaller pack ie sub AA or even smaller. 300 milliamp hrs is enough
Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 AM
kilmerelrc
My Feedback: (8)

Excellent, I have a 35 0milliamp that I can put in it but did not know if that was sufficient.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Its sufficient, but keep an eye on it. About 30 minutes of "on" time is about what you get if its a good battery.

Cycle it a couple times and keep an eye on what its holding at full charge, and what you have left after a few flights.