Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

AMA rules are Vague

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Left_Turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA rules are Vague

I know I am opening a possible can of worms, but I am going to ask it anyway. With new rule proposels out there and rules written as they are. Does anyone seem to think that AMA rules are written vaguely and leave them open for interpretation from the reader? 2 things bring this to question. First off would be the recent "acceptance" of the Profi engine and the secong being another thread about the engine"list" being left out of 424 rules. After reading the rules for engines in AMA, it "appears" that as long as an engine was to meet the specs layed out in the rule book, it would be leagl, when in fact, it has to be on an "Approved" list and the list isnt easily found for the average modeler. how could we inprove on the writing of these rules, or am I just "nit picking" this situation?
I only ask this because several people have brought this situation to light in other threads, and it seems that its not always easy to find out what engine is legal or not for dfferent classes. I know that some people would say that a "new" racer should be trying to hook up with someone so that they aren't lost in the whole racing event and get dissapointed. But what about the experienced racer that has been out of it for a few years and suddenly gets the ITCH and wants to come race again. 424 is actually a new event as well as 422 for some of us that flew F1 or 1/4 midget and raced 428 when rossi's ruled, we can't just go to the rule book and find ALL the information .
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM
StanDouglas

Default RE: AMA rules are Vague

I don't believe the rules are vague at all. Yes there is a current issue with making the qualified engines for 424 more public and that is being worked on as you should know since you insist on cross posting the same observation here as you did in Q500. This topic is being addressed in the Q500 thread:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6544374/tm.htm]"Engines"[/link]

For now you'll find all you need to know there. There is no can of worms.

respectfully,
SD
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Left_Turn

After I started this thread, I thought better of it for obvious reasons. ..
Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Scorpion Racing

Don't sweat it, we ALL do that from time to time!!