Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Racing against Cancer

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing against Cancer

I know this is not really a spot for this, but I know as a fellow R/C pylon racer that many of us have been involved or know of someone or a fellow pilot who has cancer, battled against it or has passed on due to Cancer. In my neck of the woods, some freinds have put together a team to join currently 42 other teams of individuals in the help to raise money to fight cancer. I would hope some of you may be able to help out and hopefully one day we will not have people loosing their lives or suffering from Cancer.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is some info :

Relay For LifeĀ® of Willow Glen

This year, my friends & family have formed a relay team in which I am excited to be part of in the fight against cancer. My goal in the next month is to try to raise $1000.00 personally to contribute to fighting cancer. On Saturday May 17th, I will walk for 1 hour as part of the team relay in support of the fight against cancer. Our team will have at least one member walking/running at all times on the Willow Glen High School Track for 24 hours. Currently there are 43 individual teams for this one event. Please support me and make a small donation by visiting my personal website:

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/KEVINNORRED

On this website, you will be able to make a quick donation of any amount either in your name or dedicated to a loved one who has passed on. On my website, please click on the donation button which will take you to another page for suggested contributions. Here you can make any contribution via credit card. If you would like to mail a check, please follow the directions on the homepage and please make sure to include my name and our team name.

Event Info:
Celebrate, Remember, and Fight Back on May 17th & 18th, 2008 at Willow Glen High School.

Each year, across the nation, one event brings together entire communities to take part in the fight against cancer. That event is the American Cancer Society Relay For LifeĀ®. It's a time and place where people come to celebrate those who have survived cancer, remember those we've lost, and fight back against a disease that touches too many lives.
It's not just an opportunity to celebrate, remember, and fight back your involvement will help the American Cancer Society work toward a mission of eliminating cancer as major health issue and will support much-needed services in your community. Thanks in part to the donations from Relay For Life and other events, the Society is saving lives, helping those touched by cancer, and empowering people to fight this disease all over the world.
Thanks for you support

Kevin "MONGO" Norred
Team Re-Lei'ers