Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Video of Midair crash at yesterdays Fresno T-34 Triangle Series Race

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Video of Midair crash at yesterdays Fresno T-34 Triangle Series Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of Midair crash at yesterdays Fresno T-34 Triangle Series Race

Here is some video. It is 6 minutes long and covers two midairs. The best one is at about 3:45 and the camera man panned in on one plane and WHACK!!!!! Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAj79XBff8E
Old 08-24-2008, 03:15 PM
T34RACING

Default RE: Video of Midair crash at yesterdays Fresno T-34 Triangle Series Race

Here is a shorter one with replays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVF00Azys7A
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 PM
fly4food18
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Video of Midair crash at yesterdays Fresno T-34 Triangle Series Race

Isn't that a great video. I have never had one of my planes come apart like that. I couldn't find the right wing. Come to find out all the red monokote on the side of the runway was it 4:26 in the video. if you look at 4:15 you can see the center section of the wing. That was a good plane. It lasted 3 seasons. The first plane i have lost racing since I started in 1997. Not bad.

The worst part is I helped the other guy get in to racing, and even taught him some of the stuff I have learned working with the USRA. I even drove him to the hospital when he got hurt one day. What a good friend cutting me off. Oh well I am still in frist place in the T-34 series.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46057.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1019737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93687.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1019738  
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
mikegordon10

The title for your races is T-34 Triangle Series. Yet it looks to me like this is flown on a 2 pylon course. What am I missing here? Also would a 3 pylon course have helped to eliminate the mid air? I've never flown on a 2 pole course, hence my ignorance.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
ChrisAttebery

The series flies at Fresno, Madera, and Morgan Hill California. Hense the Triangle Series.

Brian,

It was a truly epic hit. I really liked the point in the slow mo where you can see his spinner go completely through your plane before they both explode.

I'm really enjoying the series. Most of the races are pretty tight with two or three planes swapping positions every couple laps.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 PM
T34RACING

Originally 11+ years ago, I started the Triangle Series becaue we had races at Lodi, Madera and Morgan Hill which on a map was a triangle. When Lodi lost their field a few years later, Fresno stepped up.. The name has stuck due to the reputation of awesome racing and $1000's of dollars in prizes given away each year. You can visit www.t34racing.com for more info.

Currently right now, details are being looked at for a 5 race season on top of a 3 race warbird season. Fields will include Fresno, Madera, Morgan Hill and Livermore, Modesto and a couple other fields are being looked at as alternate fields.

Kev
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
ChrisAttebery

That's great that Livermore might join in the fray. It'd be nice to have another field closer to the Bay in the series.