Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Club 40, AMA424,-USRA Sundowner Race in Austin, Texas RESCHEDULED!

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Club 40, AMA424,-USRA Sundowner Race in Austin, Texas RESCHEDULED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 PM
mdwpylonracer42h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club 40, AMA424,-USRA Sundowner Race in Austin, Texas RESCHEDULED!

Interesting. Do you regularly race in the Q-500/25 series in Dallas Fort Woth area? If so, how does your Scat Cat do there? Is Lone Star Balsa still selling them? Of course, all I have to do is call them. I am just wondering if you knew.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
dbarabash

Yes, I fly the Q-25 event as regular as I can. For that I'm using a Viper but only because it was too much work to rebalance the Scat Cat with a 0.25 on front. So, I left it with the 0.40 hoping that some day I'd be able to get to a 424 race. At my level of ability I suspect both are as competitive. I figure that even an extra 5 mph would only amount to gaining 1/2 a lap lead over 10 laps of a perfectly flown race. It only takes one wide turn to eliminate that advantage. It's the flying and going wide on a turn that loses a race for me. I'm not at the point yet where I can blame the equipment ... :-)

I know that Lone Star Balsa is back in business but for some reason I thought that Riley had sold the design. If you contact him I'd be interested in what you find out.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:36 AM
jstaff

Anybody want a Scat Cat in the box never started? Price $100.00 in Plano, TX.

Jstaff
Old 07-24-2009, 08:29 PM
mdwpylonracer42h

I am checking with Lone Star Balsa first. Years ago, those kits were going for $35. Now, $70 sounds somewhat reasonable. If you got the only kit left, then maybe it's worth that much.