Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

CAPS to follow SEMPRA

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
iamtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAPS to follow SEMPRA

As of a vote that has taken place over the past week and a half, which ended last night at Midnight,the CAPS will follow the lead set forth by the SEMPRA group in Florida. The only provision in place, for the transition, is we will offer pre registration for rule book 428 on Saturday racing in pre registration and will hold the event if a minimum of 9 contestants register. Otherwise we will fly 424, CAPS/Sempra and 422 at CAPS races. The cut off will be 1 week before the race as scheduled. The My race will set the precedent for future races. CAPS has 3 races scheduled for this year. See the race schedule for dates. I believe this is a positive move for CAPS and thank SEMPRA for taking the lead in this. We are dedicated to holding quality races and hope you will join us in the fun. This is a great group of guys to race and have fun with.
Tom Scott for CAPS123READY TURNiamtom
Super Contributor

Old 01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CAPS to follow SEMPRA

By this I am assuming you mean the move to the 250 dollar Jett Sport Jett 40, with the "new" muffler.

Is there a controlled definition of just what this is? Dimensions, timing, etc? How is this rule written, and how will it be enforced?

Just curious. I think it's a good move, time will tell.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
iamtom

fizzwater2
Buy one as you would a TT40 Pro and have fun. It is spelled out as a stock engine. No different that the TT-40 Pro ,by definition, just a bit faster. The only adjustment is head shims.
Tom

Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM
fizzwater2

sounds fun, for sure. Is there a rule on minimum prop diameter? I'm just wondering - is there somewhere the rules are all written in one place, perhaps SEMPRA's rules?

I think this is a good move, for sure. The TTpro 40 has done a lot for 424 racing. It's a decent engine, not too expensive, and fairly consistent from one to the next. I especially think the "not too expensive" part has really helped. Hope to see this move by SEMPRA and CAPS stir up more interest in 428 - hope it doesn't run the risk of dividing the already small group of folks flying 428.

Good luck with the new rules, I truly hope this all works out.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM
iamtom

Our intent is to follow the SEMPRA rules including prop specs.The have some experience and have blazed the trail. Thanks for your comments, we feel the same, and based on the poll taken we have made a good decision.
T
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM
fizzwater2

I know some of the guys from KC come over to the CAPS races during the summer, not sure if I'll get to make it, but it would be fun!

We've used your lights & stuff before (from the Barnstormers on the Kansas side, I know KCRC has used them, too) and it's been much appreciated!

Hope to make it over that way sometime for a good weekend of racing!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
iamtom

You ain't seen nothin yet. Look out later this year. Better racing better equipment all over.
T