Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Oakdale T-34, EF1, Warbird and Q500 Races Coming Up

Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Oakdale T-34, EF1, Warbird and Q500 Races Coming Up

Old 05-11-2015, 11:13 AM
delateurj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oakdale T-34, EF1, Warbird and Q500 Races Coming Up

Hi everyone,

Oakdale is coming up (May 30/31st). Two weekends to get ready. Poles will be up for practice Friday afternoon.

As a reminder we'll be running 2 pole (EF1, T-34 and .46 Warbird) on Saturday and 3 pole on Sunday (EF1, 424 and 426 Q500).

Flyer for the race with directions to the field is attached. Dry camping at field is okay. Need to pay camping fee at Woodward Reservoir since field is part of park land.

I have completed a functional test of the upgraded light system for 3 pole on Sunday I have been building.We will now have all the same functionality typically seen at an NMPRA race (pylon1 lights, laps, real time cuts, race times).

The Oakdale club continues to put effort into making this a great race destination. In addition to going to 2 events this year, Dan Peterson and I have been working to see if we can layout the course so the start line for 3 pole is off the runway. We've got a course worked out and we are working to get take off area prepped by the first race so we may not need to stand on the runway during the race making landing easier for 3 pole.

When EF1 was first developed, it was conceived to run on a 375' course in 3 pole with 475' being the course of Q500 and 600' being the course for Q40.

Many clubs (like Davis) have been running EF1 on 475' Q500 course to avoid having to manage three course lengths. This puts an extra strain on batteries but has shown to be workable.

With the new course layout at Oakdale, I can see us able to run on 375' instead of 475' for EF1. Upside for pilots is less strain on batteries and makes racing a little more intense as the turns come up quicker. Downside for pilots who are still getting use to the course is the turns come up quicker.

I'll put out a survey monkey survey. Give me your feedback or ask questions directly via e-mail or on the forum on your preference of course length for EF1 3 pole.

Finally, Fresno results. I apologize for delay in posting. At first was just busy with going to races at Basin and Davis (which had a good turnout and was a good race.) And then couldn't find the results of the trophy rounds. Did a total cleanup of my garage and RV this weekend and still cannot find. So attached are the results leading up to the trophy rounds and I need the trophy finishers to e-mail me where they finished and I'll update.

Regards,
Joe.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fresno2015Matrix.pdf (40.5 KB, 19 views)