Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

F5D Electric Pylon WC Over

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:12 PM
D.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F5D Electric Pylon WC Over

Well the world championship F5D electric pylon event is over!

Gold Medal Austria
Silver Medal Canada
Bronze MedalUSA

A new world record was set at 55:09 and that is on the same pylon course that they fly F3D on!!! They also have to use power consumption limiters, Imagine how fast they would be without them!

Great coverage on RCG in High Performance. And also NMPRA website.

Congrats guys go and have a cold one!
Dave E.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: F5D Electric Pylon WC Over

One thing to keep in mind, and NOT to take anything away from Gunther and his WR time. But in comparison to an F3D model, we leave the ground from a sitting position. The F5D guys took off backwards out threw poles 2 and 3.. and get a major running start, they could possibly be traveling 50-100mph when they start the clock. So as long as they have the efficiency part worked out and make it 10 laps under power. They most certainly can run faster 10 lap times.

The Austria guys were hands down the fastest though.. so the right guys won for sure.

Randy Bridge
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
D.E.

Hey Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to do all you did for good ole team USA! I really hope to see you racing again soon!

Dave E.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

I had a BLAST hanging with the USA guys. Watching them work through adversity and hang in there to make the podium. What a treat for sure. I got to thank those guys for allowing me to participate as TM and Caller.. And I hope everyone liked the NMPRA thread, I tried to post lots of pics...I know people love photos, so I did my best with that. It was hard to call for all three guys and give blow by blow heat race information. Still had fun though.

I'll be back flying soon.. The PHX champ race for sure.

Randy B.