Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Sad News of an RC Advocate Legend

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sad News of an RC Advocate Legend

I thought I would pass along the sad news that Fred Burgdorf has lost his battle with cancer. Although he has been racing on a different circut that GSR, he was still racing. I'm sure many of you long timers have some memories to share.

This was shared on another forum, just thought it needed to be posted here as well as many other areas.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 AM
MONGO44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad News of an RC Advocate Legend

Our racing community has lost not only an awesome competitor, but a dear friend of each and every one of us. Fred was a dear friend of mine and helped me personally out on many task and projects. Ihave known Fred for over 20 years and he will be missed deeply. When I found out today through a friend of his passing, it was like the world stopped.

Ihave raced with Fred in Warbird Racing, Q-500, Q-40 and Giant Scale. No matter what he raced, you could always guarantee that he was going to do whatever it took to beat you. But ask for help, Fred would be the first person to help you out. Fred in my opinion kept West Coast Racing alive for many years in all aspects of Pylon Racing. For those that raced with Fred, we will miss his "wise crack" remarks after he always beat up on us.

Fred, if you reading this from up above....Blue Skies my friend. Go Fast and Turn Left!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred was pretty quiet when I first met him about 10 years ago, but over time he opened up, and man did he like to talk trash. He will be dearly missed.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred was a prince among men, both a fierce competitor and a good sport at all times. Condolences to his family and to his extended family, which includes all of us.