RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/general-racing-discussion-140/)
-   -   LS/SS/LS Conversion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/general-racing-discussion-140/10219360-ls-ss-ls-conversion.html)

Shorty Gauge 12-26-2010 02:25 PM

LS/SS/LS Conversion

Guy's

I have a few Nelson Long Stroke 422 engines. I want to send them back to Henry and have them counverted to Short Strokes and after I get them back, return them back to Henry to convert back to Long Strokes. Will this double conversion be legal?

From Pantyhose North Carolina. Not the best place in the world, but right next to it.

Always myself, Shorty Gauge

still4given 12-26-2010 03:16 PM

RE: LS/SS/LS Conversion

bored?

garys 12-26-2010 04:10 PM

Well...a negative multiplied by a negative is a positive...right? ;)

marioengineman 12-26-2010 04:50 PM

Holy cannoli, the noodles are about to fly.

Mr.Chen and I have done this double conversion before. We had hoped this had not been discovered by anyone else, the speed gain isincredible.
These engines are hotter then the the devils Ferrari.

BobHH 12-26-2010 07:31 PM

I got this MS (Middle Stroke) Nelson 40. Shorty, should I make it a short or long stroke!!

BH

Racing20111 12-27-2010 06:35 AM

Can some explain what a nelson conversion is plz??

John McDermott 12-27-2010 07:27 AM

</p>

A Nelson SS Conversion engine is a Jett Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

THANKS FOR ASKING.</p>

</p>

Racing20111 12-27-2010 07:37 AM

WOW thats SOOO COOL to hear That about all the NELSONS Engines http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif</p>

mhelsel 12-28-2010 06:44 PM

Not at the Tangerine!

kane 12-29-2010 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Shorty Gauge

Guy's

I have a few Nelson Long Stroke 422 engines. I want to send them back to Henry and have them counverted to Short Strokes and after I get them back, return them back to Henry to convert back to Long Strokes. Will this double conversion be legal?

From Pantyhose North Carolina. Not the best place in the world, but right next to it.

RCMODERATOR, what a great idea. Why don't you do this and tell me how it works. JB Weld is Henry's friend.

Seriously, I am confused at why all the issues. It is very black and white, all Henry has to do is follow the rules. We can't be selective on which rules we choose to follow and which ones we choose to ignore.

Just a stupid pylon racer from Chicago.

Alway my self, DONKEY KONG.

jzw 12-29-2010 08:43 AM

The cases for 422 and 428 are the same, if your end goal is a LS 428 engine, all you need to do is take your 422 LS engine, pull out the piston and liner and venturi, put in the LS 428 piston and liner and carburator and viola, you now have a 428 LS motor that can run as 428 and can also be converted back to a 422 LS engine by swapping out the piston liner and carb...

John

ORIGINAL: Shorty Gauge

Guy's

diggs_74 12-29-2010 11:01 AM

Stupid forum posts like this are probably as good a reason as any why we don't see much new blood coming in.. If I was a newbie and was looking for info on pylon what do you think I would find? What valuable information would I gather looking at these posts? As we know, perception is everything. What would your perception be?

I'm sure the author of this post was just joking around, and that's fine.. However, as everyone knows there is always some truth in jest. Any newbie is probably going to perceive we're a bunch of bickering cry babies who can't get along and can't come to any resolution regarding issues in our own R/C "community"..

I don't know about anyone else but I've met some great people/competitors at races. Though we may disagree about some things, there is always time to crack a cold one and discuss it without getting personal or pissy about it, as it should be here.. The only one I get pissy with is Gary Freeman Jr., he doubles my cigarette costs at a race;)

Just an observation..

Shorty Gauge 12-31-2010 07:08 AM

I hope the new Pylon Racers look at this and see we like to have a little fun.
Not all of us Pylon Racers are wound as tight as the nuts on a new bridge.

Happy New Year from Pantyhose, NC. Not the best place in the world, but right next to it.

Always Myself, Shorty Gauge

dasintex 12-31-2010 08:49 AM

Maybe that Mr.Chang or Chung, or whatever his name was, can help out here?

EXPRESSO PYLON RACER 01-05-2011 06:12 AM

Well the ruling on the Nelsons Conversion engines are completed .Go to the NMPRA site and take a look on the results .:D

kane 01-05-2011 02:30 PM

Rob,

This is only one part of the puzzle. This declaration and approval must be published by the AMA in order for this to take affect. So hold off on your :D:D until the AMA confirms Jim's approval.

Dan

oddy 01-05-2011 03:15 PM

Could anyone tell me how much does Henry Nelson charges for converting a Q40 SS into LS

Is it this: Top end assembly (p/c, head, conrod, wp) $204.00

Oddy

fizzwater2 01-05-2011 03:25 PM

Oddy - don't forget crankshaft, too

djlyon 01-05-2011 03:29 PM

crank case machining and new backplate too.

Denis

EXPRESSO PYLON RACER 01-05-2011 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: kane

Rob,

This is only one part of the puzzle. This declaration and approval must be published by the AMA in order for this to take affect. So hold off on your :D:D until the AMA confirms Jim's approval.

Dan
Dan , Not a problem , I can only say that there are Many that have helped to put the last piece of the puzzle together , And it Looks Great .;)

Scorpion Racing 01-06-2011 04:44 AM

I believe the conversion is the price of the new engine, and you supply the engine to be converted. That is what I heard, right RAU? ;)

AllanU 01-07-2011 04:55 PM

$420 USD for a complete engine with muffler and spinner, you supply the case.

Al