RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/general-racing-discussion-140/)
-   -   NATS practice day - pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/general-racing-discussion-140/10606114-nats-practice-day-pics.html)

RobertV 07-04-2011 05:31 PM

NATS practice day - pics

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first NATS and I've really enjoyed the experience so far! It's been great meeting everyone, checking out their equipment, and watching them fly. As you know, today was mostly practice for 426 as well as some guys starting to check out their 422 planes. Since I'm not flying 426 this year (I'm only flying 422 and EF1), I've been assisting Mike Langlois and John McDermott as their caller. That's been an experience in its own right and I think it has helped me learn the procedures and allowed me to watch all the action up close. I carried my little Canon camera with me all day and managed to snap some pics to share some of the scenes with you.

Robert Vess

Pics 1

RobertV 07-04-2011 05:33 PM

RE: NATS practice day - pics

1 Attachment(s)
Pics 2

RobertV 07-04-2011 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics 3

vicman 07-04-2011 06:22 PM

Wow, Great pix Robert.
I really gotta plan on going up there next year.

cbk07 07-05-2011 03:54 AM

Excellent pictures Robert. Thanks for sharing them with us. Good luck to everyone there!!

Craig

kevinu 07-06-2011 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope Roy's airplanes fair better than the Honda Hunter!

RobertV 07-07-2011 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: kevinu

Yeah, apparently Roy battled for the same space with a big deer and lost. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and he's fast in Muncie despite the altercation.

diggs_74 07-12-2011 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: RobertV

ORIGINAL: kevinu

Yeah, apparently Roy battled for the same space with a big deer and lost. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and he's fast in Muncie despite the altercation.
The mule deer may disagree about nobody getting hurt :D I picked some hair out of the grill and examined it closely just to make sure Roy was telling the truth.. You know how those Canadians can be;)

daven 07-12-2011 01:29 PM

apparantly the deer did a triple sow cow off the front of the van.

He could have at least cut out the tenderloin for us to bbq down here...

Tim Redelman 07-12-2011 01:54 PM

Best Pictures I've seen of any pylon meet. Thanks Robert maybe next year[:o]

tim

AllanU 07-12-2011 04:33 PM

Save those salvaged hairs. They make good flies.....

I'm just glad Roy and Randy are OK. Gives me a chance to beat them at the Calgary Race in 2 weeks. (like that's guna happen)

Sounds like everyone had a great Nats.

Al