Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Jumping back in

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:35 AM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jumping back in

Been out of loop for awhile pursuing other hobbies. anyhow i am back.
Now the questions [&:]
Assembling a 33% Extra 330 with a 100cc twin. I am going to run dual rx's. to get this straight, each rx powers its own side of the plane correct? Also on the tail feathers do i need to keep the servo wires from each rx separated?

antennea routing, i have one high left going down the fuse and the other low and right. Is that acceptable?
I will be running 5945mg's on the rudder and 5645mg's on rest of the flight surfaces. dual set ups on the ailerons one each on the elevator halves. Manual calls for 80 oz in servos so i am sure they will be fine even with the larger motor. will a 225mg non digital be acceptable for the throttle? or is mixing em a bad thing?
I am trying to use the parts i have. I tried the search function, it didnt help much, just a snippet here and there.
Thanx in advance.
John
Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jumping back in

each rx powers its own side of the plane correct?
antennea routing, i have one high left going down the fuse and the other low and right. Is that acceptable? yes by doing a range check prior to flying
the mixing will not be an issue since you have each surface on the same type
Old 11-24-2010, 04:10 PM
aegis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a believer in keeping it simple. Your choice of course, but you may want to consider just running a single rx, using redundancy on other things such as rx batteries and switches. On my 33% I have dual rx batteries, each with its own switch, feeding a single rx. No power expander. Running six digital servos (Hitec 5955). Separate battery for ignition. Straightforward setup and has never given me any problems.

Don't remember for sure, but I believe the 5645 is known for not centering well. That will cause issues on the ailerons given you have ganged servos. Recommend doing a search to verify it's the 5645 with the centering problem.

It's not a problem to mix digital and non-digital servos.

Regarding what to use on throttle, some people say you should run digital because of more consistent end point. Others say there's too much vibration that close to the engine and will cause a digital to constantly search and therefore recommend a top-line analog. I've seen opinions by very well-known pilots on both sides of the argument. I'm currently using a Hitec 5955 because I had an extra.

Whether or not to use a metal gear throttle servo on gassers can be another discussion point. Some advocate using a mg, some say a nylon gear is better. I've used both and never had a problem with either.

Which 33% Extra are you setting up?

Dan
Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a h9 extra i bought many years ago and stuffed in the attic, finally decided to put it together
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used a single receiver in my 35% yak for a long time. no issues ever.