Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Prime Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Rog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prime Sport

Hi, Guys i'm looking any information for a model made by RC SPORTS in Carmel Indiana called the Prime Sport, instruction manual would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rog
Old 09-23-2003, 09:20 AM
VinceL

Default RE: Prime Sport

The Prime Sport is a great flying sport airplane with anything in the 40 to 50 cc range gas engine for power. I used a Q52 but have seen everything from Q42 to G62 on these aircraft. I was a good friend and customer of R/C Sports, they are no more. The kits are now done by airflair. At the time the R/C Sports kits were the best bang for the buck in sport gas airplanes. All were very aerobatic and handled well, I built several and still have a Prime Cut ( would like to sell it though ). I highly recommend the kit, looks a lot like an overgrown super sportster. One needs to be able to work with foam though due to this airplanes wing construction. I don't have a manual for the sport but likely could answer any questions though.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Rog

Thanks Vincel for a prompt response. I will see what I can find by looking up the airfare company. I picked up this plane a couple days ago, and it is in excellent condition. It has a Q42 engine, and a Bennet smoke system. What I need to know is some of the flying characteristics and throws for the control services, plus CG location. Thanks again for your help.[sm=thumbup.gif] Rog
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 AM
VinceL

Rog,

I think I can help you with that much. I'll have to look up the CG but as I recall the throws were 3/4 in on aileron and elevator and all you can get on the rudder. The Sport is a very nice flyer with no bad tendancies what so ever. If anyone has a Prime Stick it is basically the same airplane, just a bit wider and prettied up more to look like a real airplane. The wing is exactly the same with the addition of wing tips on the sport. Do be aware that the locals here did a bunch of mix and match stuff with the Pime things, we would use tails off of one and wings off of another and get a really neat hybrid. If yours is completely stock it should be a great Sunday flyer with really good traits. If your inclinded to try, the sport will do some really wild tumbles if your stir the sticks corectly at just the right airspeed. I'll see what I can do for the CG and exact throws, I had a stick and my friend still has a Sport so we should be able to help. Here is a link to Airflair's web site http://www.airflair.com/ .
Old 10-20-2003, 11:26 AM
cas

HELLO, NEED SOME HELP IN FINDING PLANS FOR A CORSAIR ABT. 104" EITHER "ANA" OR "NOSEN' . THANKS
TIM CASSIDY
[email protected]
Old 10-20-2003, 12:35 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I built the Prime Cut when the plans first came out and it was a good flyer. I only flew it about a month before it was lost in a shootdown.

I have been flying the Choice Cut for many years. Really wild tumbles are what it does best. Compared to the newer lightweight designs it's like a flying truck but I can just manage a hover with my old Q52 on a good day. I think I made the rudder a little larger and modified the elevators to get max rudder throw and with the side area of the Choice Cut it will knife edge all day. The prime Sport should be close in flying characteristics.

The plane in my avitar is the Choice Cut.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
LunaSea

I have one of those if you are interested (Prime Sport by RC Sports)... Send me a message and I will give you the details...