Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Peak Model planes??

Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak Model planes??

Hi Guys

I just want to know if these planes are any good, I mean are the quality rc planes??, contruction, covering, hardware are those good?? I'm asking bucause I have a DA 50 sitting there and I want to use it and I have seen some peak planes that really look beautiful, to be more especific I like the upcoming MXS-R and the Slick 540 but I don't really know much of this company so, what do you guys have to say from them??

Thanks for any info
Sergio
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 AM
grover1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Peak Model planes??

Hi Sergio
I will let you know next week my 30cc Sbach 300 is being shipped today .
Only about 4 days to get to Australia and Free Shipping

Some guys in my club have PeakModel and they are very well made
We have 2 Yak 54 50cc in the club and a 110cc Yak 54 .
Covering is very good. Contruction is the best I have seen.
Hardware is also very good too .
I would have to say get one you will not look back
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

They're AWESOME!

My 30% Edge 540T v2 w/ DLE-55 in my profile pic is the best flying plane I've ever owned after flying it for a year. But it's also the biggest plane I've owned at the time as well. Only weighs 15.5lbs AUW on 1485 squares. For my altitude, I'll take a lighter plane over better included hardware any day. Construction and overall design is top notch from others I've seen. Yes, the hardware isn't going to be as good as EF or 3DHS, but it's still all usable. The latest planes come complete with all CF parts and even better hardware now. Best of all, FREE SHIPPING!

Anyway, I was more than impressed, especially for the cost. Everyone I've talked to has been highly satisfied with their planes. Hopefully this helps. There's lots of good companies out there like Pilot, EF, 3DHS, Aeroworks, EG, but the value is second to none.

Egan
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
sr-71blackbird

Thanks for the answers guys now that I have seen that some others like them as well (other forums) I can now look at the confident that they are good and buy one, just need to wait a little to save enough money

Thanks again guy
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I've had a few, and was OK with them, flew well and all, replacement parts can and maybe a big issue, if that is a concern, I would consider them disposable planes should something happen. Also the covering in many cases is not matchable, so repairs would be obvious.
Overall good value, quality control can be variable from each airplane, and you may get a dud, wich may not be warrantied and shipping back is your cost.. I found the wood to be a bit brittle and waxy, which made new glue joints delaminate easily.

airframes are often 1/2 cost to others and the gamble is worth it in many cases.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

I order one of these last week.

http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=782

Shipped from China to my house in 5 days.

This is my 6th or 7th ARF from Peakmodel.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Run!!!!! Got my 30% Sbach and it was missing alot of hardware.......I am in to it for an additional $200 for the stuff that was missing or was just wrong...They seem to think that if you just throw in enough of useless parts,it will make up for the fact that they are not for this plane.My mistake,I have had perfect luck with the Pilot planes,but I tried to save a buck.If you need replacement parts,forget it,as they sell planes and are not there for customer support.Someone else said think of them as disposable,which is correct.One last thing that you GOT to know......HOT-GLUE...yep,no C.A or epoxy,read into that what you want...I will post a pic of the plane ,as it looks good,but don't buy one!! ( Pilot Yak on the left)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88858.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1568529  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
sr-71blackbird

Thanks For the advice capitalB, I don´t hav e the money yet so I havent ordered anything but I'm determinated to have something from 3DHS, EF or Aeroworks I know the 3 companies and don´t need to look elsewhere (PAU planes also enter) so I'm walking away from Peak models, their planes look good but the 2 or 3 past post have been the only ones with good words about them so I will just look where I know my money is going to give me a quality product

Thanks again
Sergio