Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:38 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

I know the economy is turning for the worse right now, but that is no raise to pawn your broken stuff off on other people.
I have been in this hobby since I was ten years old. This is the first person that I have come across that has taking advantage of my trust. I was agree at first but like all bad things in the end you just need to raise above it.

The ad clearly states no damage.

Here is a link to the sell
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=787693

I sent the engine to Aircraft International to have a third party look at the engine. I have attached the quote.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34498.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1688482  
Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

is the crank bent?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 AM
computermonkey

yes
Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

bummer on the bent crank. I have never had a bent crank but i have seen on here were guys will send the crank to places like BME Engines to have them straighten. I would guess that would be much lower than putting in a new crank. I would imagine you are going to get this engine back into top shape and fly it. Hopefully you will not get all of the should have would have post from this topic......
Old 11-19-2011, 07:24 AM
computermonkey

Ya, I'm just trying to warn people not to deal with this person.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I sympathize. I recently bought a YS 63 here on RCU. The seller advertised it NIB. TOTALLY A LIE. I has obvious signs of usage. I wouldn't have bought it at the price I did. He would not refund me any funds, nor admit his lie. Gave him bad feedback. Probably won't even hurt him. Guys like that amaze me. Forget the douche bag and move on. Things will catch up to sellers like that sooner or later.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 AM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

I learned a few years back that it is not worth the chance(hassle) buying used engines on RCU, it took two times for me! I bought an evolution 45 gas engine that was basically burnt up and had low to zero compression! I had to threaten the guy with a claim to paypal to get it resolved, luckily, he had a friend at hobby services, that after I sent the engine back to him in Champaign IL., he personally took it to them and they replaced the the cylinder, piston and ring free of charge other than me paying the shipping back to Illinois. Number two, I bought an evolution 26 from a guy in North Dakota, that of course told me the engine was perfect, but when I recieved it I had to use a pair of channel locks to turn the crank it was so tight. I threatened him with negative feedback and starting a post on RCU about him and he then decided to do the right thing and refund all my money back to me. He added feedback that I shouldn't buy used engines if I wanted them to be like new when I recieved them, I guess wanting the crank to turn freely is being a little too particular for him! I did heed his advice though, I have since bought 3 gas engines from RCU, all new in the box without warranty, and have not had the first problem with any of them and WILL NEVER buy another used engine from RCU again because too many jerks here want to pass "the buyer" their junk rather than DO THE RIGHT THING AND TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ENGINE THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL! These kind of jerks give RCU and our hobby a bad name, but live and learn from your mistakes or simply repeat them over and over, which I believe is the defination of INSANITY!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:52 AM
computermonkey

kurt2022 I'm starting to believe what you say. I'll probably will not buy used again unless it is local.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 AM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

Computermonkey,
We used to have a guy at our strip that when he would have an issue with one of his engines he would say "Its time to put it (the problem engine) on ebay and make it someone else's problem"! I questioned him one day about doing this, I asked him if he lists the problems he is having with the engine on the item description and he told me why would he do something like that, nobody would buy it! I told him if he did that to me and didn't make it right I would probably throw it through his front window, he then told me that is why he doesn't sell them locally!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 AM
computermonkey

Deep breath, sigh
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I've only had one bad buy here. He sold me a engine thinking it was a 100c when it really was a 80cc. Never did get my money back, but resold it telling the truth. I did notice that he offered the buy it back for $400 which was the asking price. If you took him up on the offer how much would you have been out? Dennis
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 AM
computermonkey

Total, eighty dollars.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:39 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Our two buys were for the same amount. I would have been glad to come up short $80 then go thru what I had to do to recover my money. If it had been me I would have refunded the shipping cost to you. But thats me. I had to ship my engine to two people before he believed it was a 80. It went all over the country on my nickel to be told he couldn't refund the money because he spent it.
Best of luck and i hope things work out. Dennis
Old 11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah ... I got you all beat . Not only did the scum take MY money .. which was to cover the plane , insurance , and shipping he cashed my check ANDNEVERdelivered the goods So .. I have a little surprise for him in the works . Can you say LEINon house and accounts ?
Old 11-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Muskoka dad
My Feedback: (5)

Hey computer monkey one of your last posts said to buy local.  I thought  the same thing and guess what it didn't work.
It was actually worse, i bought two motors from a club member that was a small motors mec and i lost two planes.
I swore i would never buy used again but i just bought a 150 saito used.  Wont know  how it is till the snow melts

If its real cheap   WHY  

MUSKOKA  DADD
Old 11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
THERCAV8R
My Feedback: (283)

Well did you contact the seller and tell him you were sending it back for a refund? you used paypal to pay for it get them invloved they offer buyer protection on some items you purchase when you use them to pay. if they find in your favor they will take the money out of his account and he cant do anything about it.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:25 PM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

I'm sure this site makes enough money from advertising that they could ban members for **** like this. Shouldn't hurt their income a bit. It's bad when one person gets burned but dude should not have been allowed to post here any longer. C'mon RCU, how about a you grow some and get these douchebags outa here?
How about a bear pit thread where the loser gets banned?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 PM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted earlier in the thread about having bad luck with a YS 63 that I bought on RCU. To tell the truth besides that one engine, I have had really good luck buying engines on RCU. I ask for extra pics if none are shown in the ad and I don't buy from guys with any bad feedback, or guys that are selling their first engine. I have over a dozen other engines bought on RCU or fleabay this way and have had much success. I only buy NIB or excellent condition engines. Just this YS 63 I got lazy...I figured NIB is just that and I wouldn't need good close-up pics. Most sellers are honest. There are just a few turds out there that take advantage of folks. Jon
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 PM
michaelj878
My Feedback: (6)

SO FAR I HAVE PURCHASED 1X OSBGXI, 1X SUPER TIGRE G4500, 2X SUPER TIGRE G2300 3X MOKI 210 FROM RCU, ALL ARE USED EXCEPT THE BGXI, ALL MOTORS RUN GREAT AND ARRIVED
IN BETTER CONDITION THAN EXPECTED, SOME WITH A FEW BONUS PARTS INCLUDED, LIVING IN AUSTRALIA ITS A BIT FAR TO DO MUCH IF I GET DUDDED SO I HAVE TO TRUST PEOPLE,
MAYBE IM LUCKY AND HAVE GOT TO DEAL WITH THE 99.5% OF PEOPLE WHO ARE HONEST
Old 11-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Termites Dream
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not buy a used engine on RCU. I once bought a Hanger 9 Pawnee on RCU with a used Saito 82 in it. I met the guy for the purchase and had him start the engine but did not tach it. Turned out it would not develop adequate RPM due to a messed up carb that cost me $100 to get fixed. The guy who sold me the plane had bought the engine at a swap meet. I had already given positive feedback to the seller well before I realized the problem.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 PM
coolblew
My Feedback: (70)

Another seller & Trader is Steve Leone Aka on RC Universe as XleoneX.
If I knew how to start a new thread I would, can't figure it out.
But I traded him a New Plane for his Baja work stand thru RCUniverse, and he was suppose to add a $40.00 Money Order inside the box. I sent my as we agreed thru 4 or 5 emails we would. He stated he sent his the same day. Well 6 weeks later and a dozen unanswered emails he sends a email stating his wife was having a baby. Then I don't hear from him for another 2 weeks, this time he said he was sick and he had sent the stand. No stand until his wife (Iassumed it was her) sends a emails saying Steve is sick and in the hospital. She states she will send it and the Money Order. She mails the stand but no money order. No answer again until a couple of days ago. He states he sent the money order. Now Steve is stating the plane is broke and he isn't sending any money order. Then he starts stating he is a cop and a bunch of excuses, lies and bs. And he is mad at me for emailing and so forth. Well if he had sent the stand when we made the deal, it would have been before the birth (fi his wife had one), before he got sick, before he got put in hospital, etc........
I wish people would tell the truth when selling, Hey maybe we would still buy the stuff knowing it needs work, but to find out after the fact and have no recourse.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:48 PM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

I will fix it for ya!! Send it to me.. I see this alot. I also do lot's of repairs and coustom work for gassers. How bad is the crank ? You are sur that the hub didn't lossen and twist the key. I have seen this a few times so far.. Pull the prop drive off and look. It can't hurt at this point! Just make sure it's not something simple!! Or just send it back!! Which that may be your best bet. I have a ZDZ40 that went in BAD busted cylinder and everyboy, also thought the crank was bent. It was haha. I have a buddy that is real good at doing machine work for me! He made it next to perfect. It's now swinging a 22X10 carbon prop! well over 7k Still breaking it in. I also just finnished up an evlotion 45cc GX2.. WOW 22X8 and it cracks the air when you rev it up.. But if you want help I'm here! like most of us We try to help!! Ernie..
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 PM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

Also that crank may be twisted at the rod pin!! Thats easy to true up.. If it is bent there, it will also make it look bent and do other damage If ran ..
Old 11-20-2011, 02:33 AM
flyboy57id
My Feedback: (14)

You guys are depressing me ! I was planning on trying to sell 6 engines this winter that I have no use for. I have not sold anything on RCU so I do not have any feedback. I would have to buy a new camera to take good pictures of the motors. All the engines are low time except one and now I do not know if it is worth the trouble or not. The engines that I had planned on selling was: Walker Machine 4.2 Sachs with CH ignition, Zenoah 74 with CH ignition (test run only), Zenoah G45 with CH ignition built into the mount, Zenaoh G26 with the RCexcell igntion installed, Moki 1.8 (test run only) and a Super Tigre 90 that I have a few gallons thru but is in excellent condtion. I had planned on trying to get 50% of what I paid for the engines. So, do you think it is worth my time to try to sell the engines or not?
Gordon
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

This is kind of the fault of every seller and buyer on RCU, due to not completing the transactions through the RCU market, but rather complete deals over the phone or through emails. Then, if you have issues, since a buyer and seller didn't complete the transaction in the proper procedure on RCU, there is no way to leave a feed back. This is why I love the Bay......feed back is imperative for trust!! I don't buy from anyone on the Bay with less then a 99% feedback. So, this is basically an RCU community issue. This is all just my humble opinion and observations of being on here. When guys buy from me, they have to make a formal offer through the website. Other sellers do not enforce this practice, and thus causes issues like this one.

Just curious "ComputerMonkey", did you do the transaction through RCU so that you can leave a feedback, or over the phone and email so that you can't leave a feedback?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.