Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Comp ARF Stab Crooked

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Comp ARF Stab Crooked

Need some help-Had to replace the fuse on my CARF Patty Wag-All was well until I took the stabs off of my old fuse and bolted them up to my new one. Seems the stab guide tube was glued in slightly crooked on the new fuse at the factory in such a way that there is a gap at the front of one stab and at the rear of the other. (about 1/8" at front of stab)
Didn't notice this until too late, as my airplane is ready to fly again, so I've got to fix it somehow. Suggestions on the best way to proceed ?
Thanks-Mike Oberst
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Rick Sowell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comp ARF Stab Crooked

verify that it is indeed installed wrong, take the wing tube and measure from the rear of the wing tube to the front of the stab tube on both sides, just to make sure the tube is installed correctly. then if incorrect you will have to cut it loose and re-glue with some reinforcement on the inside, might be a case for a warrenty return of the fuse, call your rep. and see if they can help get a new fuse.