Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dirt cheap 100cc airframe?

Looking for anywhere I can get an Edge 540 or Sbach 100cc for dirt cheap used or new I don't really care. All I need is the airframe I have everything else.
    Trees have a tendancy to grow a few feet when airplanes try to fly over them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dirt cheap 100cc airframe?

what is the range of dirt cheap?
    smooth as silk!

My budget is somewhwere around $500 US dollars but I could probably spring for $600.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try the classifieds Here or over on FG.
    K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

too bad you;re so far away,, I'm practically giving away a 33% extra
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WaffleMan

My budget is somewhwere around $500 US dollars but I could probably spring for $600.
    About as cheap as you will find for a 100cc plane but they are sold out right now.

http://texasrcplanes.com/arfyak5410cs.html
    "It Ain't Lookin Good"
    http://www.evansvillercclub.net

ORIGINAL: Zippi

rea

About as cheap as you will find for a 100cc plane but they are sold out right now.

Sucks that they don't Have an edge 540 for that price... I don't really like the yaks or the sukhois.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Zippi

rea

Sucks that they don't Have an edge 540 for that price... I don't really like the yaks or the sukhois.
    Well, for the price your wanting to spend you can't be to picky.
    "It Ain't Lookin Good"
    http://www.evansvillercclub.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAK-54-Giant...item3f1910dea9
    I dunno if this one is any good.[:@]

It looks like its crap to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have two 100 cc'ers I'd love to part with, but I'm in the Phoenix area......
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you looking for brand new high zoot stuff?

I have an older 35% Godfrey Extra 330L with a BME102 in it that may need a new home. Not sure if it is up your alley or not. She needs some very minor TLC.
    I'd rather not separate the engine & airframe, but I may consider it for the right price.

Taz Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can not tell you a thing about it, you were just asking for cheap.

[link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/ex80gasenpoa.html[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interesting... I have their 100cc Yak. http://www.nitroplanes.com/90a224w-y...0cc-white.html It's very different, all wood construction aluminium wing tubes and landing gear. For what I paid for it, $305 plus reasonable shipping it's a steal of a value.

I haven't finished building it yet so no flight report but those that have flown it say it flys very well. It does have some issues you have to address like checking all glue joints and adding to the landing gear mounting. Also some of the harware would be scary to use and other bit will work but marginally. Example tail whell bracket is a .60 sized, and there are no where near enough hinges per surface.

Here's my thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1665679
    Revver #125, Pico Owners Club #3
    R/C Anonymous. My name is Evan and I have not flown for 14 hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only showed the Extra, since in post #7 the original post states that he doesn't really like Yaks or Sukhoi's.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I know that is what you did...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If at all possible, avoid the giant scale planes from NitroPlanes. They are incurably heavy and very poorly designed and constructed. Not a value by any definition of the word.
    K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which ones have you had? They are all different and maybe what you had is no longer made or has been improved on. I know mine has some issues but even still it is a heck of a bargain.

Yes you can not compare it to a $1000+ airframe.

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

If at all possible, avoid the giant scale planes from NitroPlanes. They are incurably heavy and very poorly designed and constructed. Not a value by any definition of the word. [img][/img]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A friend got one just before Christmas. I warned him but the lure of a 35% for $300 was just too much for him. I helped him with the assembly and I don't think I have ever seen such a poorly built airframe. What hardware that was not missing was cheap. The wood is cheap, heavy and poorly fitted. The wingtube is aluminum and if I had to guess was originally supposed to be used for a chain link fence post. It has to weigh a couple of pounds. The cowl was cracked and flimsy. Multiple calls to an unanswered phone suppport line and several unanswered problem tickets generated at their website later we just patched it and went on. The landing gear would barely be sutable for a 50cc plane.

The covering was chinakote and poorly applied. The canopy was cheap and the paint on the cowl was even close to a match. Unless you cut about a 1/2 inch off the inside trailing edge of the elevator halves, they will hit the rudder pull-pull cables where they exit the fuse. Now how can they have acctually flown this thing with such a flaw?He managed to get a couple of flights on it before the gear splayed out so badly he was afraid of breaking a prop. Since then he bought a used 35% AW 300 for a couple of hundred dollars more and just set the Yak aside. There is no comparing the quality and value of the two airframes.

To the OP: You are miles ahead buying a quality used airframe than throwing money in a hole like the Nitro Planes junk.

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

I have an older 35% Godfrey Extra 330L with a BME102 in it that may need a new home. Not sure if it is up your alley or not. She needs some very minor TLC.
    I'd rather not separate the engine & airframe, but I may consider it for the right price.

How much are you asking for it? I noticed you are in FL like me so local pick up would work. The only problem, is that I can't afford to buy the BME you currently have on it. I mean, I Don't have the kind of cash to buy it. And I would rather have my DLE 111 on it than the BME 102. How much money would be the "right price" to separate the two? The plane looks nicer than my old SIG 540 was when I first got it, So some "minor TLC" shouldn't be a problem for me.

As far as the nitroplanes stuff goes, I once bought a foamy EDF from them. It is SH*T. I am not buying a 35%er from them if the foamys are crap.

I would rather go with a used airframe than a nitroplanes airframe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

How much are you asking for it? I noticed you are in FL like me so local pick up would work. The only problem, is that I can't afford to buy the BME you currently have on it. I mean, I Don't have the kind of cash to buy it. And I would rather have my DLE 111 on it than the BME 102. How much money would be the "right price" to separate the two? The plane looks nicer than my old SIG 540 was when I first got it, So some "minor TLC" shouldn't be a problem for me.
    I really hadn't considered separating them. Email me and make me an honest offer on the airframe. You never know.

Taz Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought a second hand Nitroplanes Ultimate 50cc from a friend of mine. He has been flying it for a couple of years. I bought it with the intention of ripping off the monocoat and recovering. I found a couple of weak spots but overall for the price it can't be beat.
    Certified Prop Nut....32 years and going....

Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks like its crap to me.
    HMMM...you want dirt cheap but no crap??? REALLY???!!!

Astro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast