Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trimming issues?

I have a goldwing/redwing 30cc MX2.. which I love to bits..
    However... when carrying out any "elevator up" manouver (loop, etc) it will yaw left.

I have found that I even have naturally starte to add right rudder on any manouvers...
    Its not "violent" biut after a complete loop (large) I do end up very far away from where I "should be"

Its really screwing up basic manouvers such as loop, fig8 even just going into vertical for a stall turn etc..

I've tried to give a mid-range trim.. ie not too far forward that I cant do any 3d playing, but not too far back that its completely wild.

Ideas?
    Goldwing MX2 & DLE 30 + Harris smoke pump
    Seagull Super Tucano 91 & DLE 20
    Trex 500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trimming issues?

Read and follow the attached file.
    They are from Peter Goldsmith.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Remember to FLY HARD and LAND SOFT

AMA 5288
    IMAC 3721
    IMAA 24878

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i've read that.. and I cant see the problem I am talking about....... pull on the elevator and it yaws....
    Trex 500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do both elevator halves have the same amount of travel and perfectly in sync with each other?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When you pull up elevator it is drag and will want to slow the airplane down. This puts more load on the prop and increases your torque value. This torque is pulling the nose to the left. Very common with high powered scale aerobatic airplanes. You can reduce this effect by running a tad more right thrust and/or a smaller dia prop. The test I do is from 1/2 throttle, pull vertical while flying away from yourself and being a full throttle by the time you have true vertical. Note which way the airplane pulls. If it pulls left right away or pulls left before climbing 100-150 feet then add more right thrust. Also at the start of the manuver you should be wings level, very easy to have one wing low and not see it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I can guarantee that wings are level.. this is a long running problem and I've tried it over and over to make sure.
    I can visually see it yawing left as it raises the nose.... its most pronounced doing a large loop... once in a vertical climb it stays there... its only when I raise elevators..

yes I've checked the elevator throws with a digital level..

I'm most inclined to agree with the drag letting torque have more effect... seem possible..

I know I COULD just mix rudder into the elevator.. but I'd rather fix it aerodynamically have have things smoother than fight against aerodynamics all the time... plus that mix would later mess around with any hover corrections or similar manouvers....
    Trex 500