Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Edge 540 1.60

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Great Planes Edge 540 1.60

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 AM
corvettez06
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Edge 540 1.60

I ordered this plane, returned it for another and then returned that one also. The reason for my returns is that the covering and fit of the cowl hatch was horrible. I could have lived with the hatch fit but I could not get the wrinkles out. The wrinkles looked like ripples on a pond. They were small, but there were a lot of them. I did not take any pics. Is this normal? Is it because of the weather? I have never seen one this bad? Should I order one more or give up on it?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Edge 540 1.60

you got the other thread on this thing, you still using the OS 1.60?
these planes were on special no?
maybe a good excuse to step up into another bird.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Edge 540 1.60

Wrinkled covering is a hit/miss affair with ARF's. Sometimes they are perfect, other times like a prune. Where they are in the container ship or in the warehouse has an affect.

Since you have gone through two with unsatisfactory results I would contact a Tower customer service manager to ask if they can inspect one before shipping, that is if you still want one.

Nice airplane at a good price...roughly half what anything comparible would cost.

Merry Christmas.