Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did Goldwing planes just fall of the map?

I was just wanting to throw this question out there and ask my fellow flyers more in tune with the 3D and Aerobat category of our Hobby as to what has really happened to Goldwing planes. After doing a little RCU forum self education along with some youtubing I was considering on going with a Goldwing Sbach but it seems the models from this brand are now sort of hard to find atleast locally here in the states, and those larger volume online shops that up until maybe not so long ago that were advertising this brand seem to no longer carry it. What gives? I have read a little here and there about issues with parts support but just wanted to ask you guys whatsup with this brand now? I otherwise will be going with a Pilot-RC Sbach or 300 which I still see around, but the prices for those Goldwing airframes where slightly more attractive if anything, lol. If they in fact are still around then where can I go?
    Thanks in advance everyone!
    Louis
    \" To thine own self be true \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Did Goldwing planes just fall of the map?

It seems 3D planes come and go like this Aerobatic-3D Forum. Busy and popular for a while then somewhat barren.

Too many manufacturers/distributors fall prey to the 3D'er whims, finding their particular models are in hot demand until the next odd named bird is touted and the 3D dream ship.

Personally I believe 3D flying is on a downhill slide, in my general vicinity anyway. We have several still in our club that are doing just fine. However just as many have thrown in the towel due to losing flying privileges at area flying sites through their own misdeeds.

Most have gone thorough a number of different airframes seeking the ultimate machine which only materializes after hours of practice.

Haven't seen Goldwing around for a while as well as several other hot for a while brands.
    Dick Tristao
    ModelGrafix
    Visalia, Ca.
    559 625-3590 Home/Office
    559 280-6559 Cellular

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Louis,
    General Hobbies is still selling them, He sold in the clasifieds here under Rich(something), he sells on ebay too..

He's out of Walnut,, you might be able to pick one up
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Goldwing makes a lot of airplanes

In some countries (India for example), they come with the ARFMFG tag

In the US, Slipstream /EG /TBM etc are all GW. Redwing comes from the same factory as GW but with better hardware

Ameyam
    Preflight check is optional , picking up the pieces is consequential

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm thinking that nitro planes is now selling some as well as giant model products http://www.giantmodelproducts.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

redwing is also goldwing under another brand-
    Goldwing MX2 & DLE 30 + Harris smoke pump
    Seagull Super Tucano 91 & DLE 20
    Trex 500