Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme comp Yak-54

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extreme comp Yak-54

Hello,
I do realize this is not a Jet but I'm sure a lot of you would fly Prop planes and most likely the composite ones.
As stated I have the Extremecomposite 2.6m Yak 54 in all white ready for painting.
The problem is I have not received any instructions with it.
Although installation is very straight forward the most important thing for me is the CG
I have tried contacting Extreme composite but they have not got back to me which is a little strange as usually he answers the mail. (Must be away)
Anyway I'm sure some of you have put one of these popular planes together so can you help me out with a recommended CG. Control throws would be good also but I'm sure I'm able to work that out anyway.
Ivan
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Justflying1

Default RE: Extreme comp Yak-54

Anyone?

Any advice on how to work out the C of G ?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Justflying1

Can some one please tell the formula to work out the C of G.
I do realize that Comp Arf make a Yak 54 of this size but not sure if the C of G will be the same.
Unfortunately Comp Arf are stopping the Yak 54 in 2.6m size so I was not able to purchase this plane in Australia.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 AM
jp1961

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ivan,

This formula worked for me for calculating the C.G. for a tapered wing. Find the mean cord length at the halfway point of the wing. This is the distance at the halfway point of the wing from the leading edge to the trailing edge (include the aileron). Take this value and multiply by .25 to .33. Take this value and subtract it from the leading edge at the halfway point of the wing (this will be your C.G.). It will fly if you use this formula. It worked for me for a homemade tapered wing.
Jeff
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Justflying1

Thank you for the information.
Much appreciated and will keep details for future projects.
X-tremecomposite has got back to me with C of Gso all good.