Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aeroworks visit

Old 08-01-2014, 03:28 PM
pbilt024
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks visit

While in Colorado on business earlier this week , I couldn't resist heading down to Denver to stop by Aeroworks headquarters. As I walked through the door into their retail area, I was amazed to see Rocco (the owner for those who don't know) walk out of his office and introduce himself. We stood and talked for a little while and then he took us on a tour of the warehouse which included one of every model they make assembled and hanging from the ceiling or on the walls. He then showed us original designs from their early days and prototype planes they are working on as well.

He asked us several questions about what we thought about color schemes, our thoughts on his planes versus other manufacturers, showed us the new website (which is going to blow everyone's minds). etc. He also shared tips on flying, engine tuning and other aspects of this hobby we all love so much. All in all, he spent around 4 or 5 hours non-stop with us, and keep in mind that I am virtually a nobody in the RC world, no big sponsors, no competitions wins or anything, just a normal customer.

I can't say enough about a man who conducts business the way he does it! It was an absolute pleasure looking around and visiting with him.

I really got to check out and hear about the R&D that went into the new 60cc Freestyle 260 and had to get one and a new DA60 while there and plan to start building on Monday.

If you're ever in the Denver area, it's worth the time to stop by there and take a look around.

Allen Small
Old 08-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pbilt024
While in Colorado on business earlier this week , I couldn't resist heading down to Denver to stop by Aeroworks headquarters. As I walked through the door into their retail area, I was amazed to see Rocco (the owner for those who don't know) walk out of his office and introduce himself. We stood and talked for a little while and then he took us on a tour of the warehouse which included one of every model they make assembled and hanging from the ceiling or on the walls. He then showed us original designs from their early days and prototype planes they are working on as well.

He asked us several questions about what we thought about color schemes, our thoughts on his planes versus other manufacturers, showed us the new website (which is going to blow everyone's minds). etc. He also shared tips on flying, engine tuning and other aspects of this hobby we all love so much. All in all, he spent around 4 or 5 hours non-stop with us, and keep in mind that I am virtually a nobody in the RC world, no big sponsors, no competitions wins or anything, just a normal customer.

I can't say enough about a man who conducts business the way he does it! It was an absolute pleasure looking around and visiting with him.

I really got to check out and hear about the R&D that went into the new 60cc Freestyle 260 and had to get one and a new DA60 while there and plan to start building on Monday.

If you're ever in the Denver area, it's worth the time to stop by there and take a look around.

Allen Small
Sounds like a good vacation day instead of just walking in off the street. I've been looking at the new 60cc Extra 260 myself. Wonder how it would be running on 12S? Are you going to do a build thread?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
pbilt024

Probably so, I haven't seen any other ones yet. I'll get started on it Monday. I don't know how it would be on electric, 25%/30cc size is my limit on electric before I switch to gas.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM
pbilt024

A brief build thread will be located here.
http://www.***********s.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=91574