Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Byron 27% Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Byron 27% Sukhoi

Got the big Sukhoi and am finding the elevator sensitive. Balance is spot on at 4" from LE as stated in manual. Has anybody else had this problem? Doesn't have any nasty stall habits and almost hands off inverted. Just a small amount of down pressure needed. Lap so trimmed flight has a few clicks of up. Am thinking maybe I need a little nose weight but isn't that going to increase the up trim as well as desensitize the elevator?

thanks
Doug
Old 01-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much expo are you using on elevator?  Also maybe reduce the movement as about 17degrees is about all you need to fly most maneuvers.  Try doing a loop and if the plane snaps out at the top reduce low rate throws until the snap tendency goes away. The elevator will not be touchy then.