Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Fly Model Yak 30cc and 50cc

Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 AM
smkir5
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Fly Model Yak 30cc and 50cc

does anyone know anything good or bad about the Fly Model Brand of airplanes, I am looking for a 30 or 50cc yak and they have the best prices I have seen !
Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
kiwibob72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They can be hit or miss with their design/build - some kits are good, others not so. That said, I've had two that I sourced off a local importer, including my current 'green' finished 30cc SBach 342.
My 54' Yak54 needed strengthening to the horizontal stab (it was way too flimsy), but otherwise was a fantastic little plane that flew straight as an arrow and did whatever you wanted it to do. My 30cc 342 is a really nice and easy to build plane, everything goes together nice and it's overall finish is quite pleasing, even if I did opt to change out the horizontal stab control rods that came with it as going to twin servos did not leave me with enough to finish it as I wanted. Of note, I got what I paid for and more with these two, yes I had to do a little work to them both, but overall each was still well enough presented to gain attention when I brought them out insight of my local club members!

Of note, these two are BOTH sold at Nitroplanes, and I'm pretty sure that what I assume is the 60" Yak54 your referring to, is sold there also. But aside from that, I'm pretty sure that these are actually the manufacturers of these "Fly Model" ARF kits (I had the small Yak54 on this page): http://www.hobby-china.com/e_product...lassid=&page=6

This is my 30cc Sbach that you can also get at Nitroplanes: http://www.hobby-china.com/html/e_97.html
Old 05-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Jerry woodrough

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the 30cc extra 300 and the 50cc slick 540 and i got to say cant beat it for the price at all they are built great and light i really like mine i should have my 50cc slick in the air this weekend so i will be posting a video for sure
Old 06-15-2015, 06:25 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the 30cc Yak 54 and this is a really nice kit for the price. Great manual even through it is for multi airframes. I am Istalling a EME 35. Has anyone flown this plane yet?
Old 06-20-2015, 12:34 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I 'was' flying my Sbach 30cc until I ran short of the runway and made the plane have retracts .....rebuilding it now. Was a great flying bird and hope to get it back into the air soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P7210026.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	852.5 KB
ID:	2104641