Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

20cc - 35cc planes from china

Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 PM
markmusic2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 20cc - 35cc planes from china

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing gas rc airplanes (ARFs) 20cc to 35cc sized from China. There are several web sites that provide some nice looking airplanes at very reasonable prices, but I'm not sure about getting it shipped from China.

Any insights?

thanks,
Mark
Old 05-02-2015, 03:45 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have purchased two from Fun Fly (they always have an ad in the classified home page) and the planes are well constructed and a good value for their money.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:38 PM
ShuttleAU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peak Models is also reliable. Hardware is good.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:30 PM
markmusic2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for all the suggestions. Happy flying...
Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 AM
davecrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just purchased my 2rd plane from Peak models a few days ago. no issues and reasonable shipping.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:15 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peak's planes are supplied by SDS Hobbies in China, who'll sell to anyone. If you'll notice, Peak is in Australia, but his planes ship to you from China. Not knocking the arrangement, just a heads up. The SDS planes are remarkably similar to several other brands as well....

I've bought and flown a few of these. They're light, and they're sturdy. The down side is there are NO parts available as a rule - nothing in a timely manner anyway. The second is you can't be in a hurry for your new toy after ordering. Safe to plan on 3-4 weeks in my experience, and tracking is terrible. Last, is there very little in the way of directions - but that's generally not too big a deal if you have a few other ARF's under your belt already.

Last, just a reminder for those ordering from China, especially for the first time. Make sure you pay for your order via credit card (not debit). They''re not stupid, and know if anything gets sideways with your order, you're one phone call away from a full refund.

SDS has a bunch of hard to find stuff, at very good prices. You can wade around on the website for quite a while if you've never visited. I've ordered from them several times now, without issue. -Al

http://www.sdshobby.com/

Last edited by ahicks; 05-23-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 PM
kiwibob72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

+1 on dealing with SDS.
Great company, very fast turnaround, and with the online customer service chat (time zone depending), you can be doubly sure as to what you want, is in stock, or IF they can send you those LIPO's you want etc - think of them like a better hobbyking alternative, that (IMO) happens to actually care about it's clients and keeping them happy! (i'll pay a little more to get the same components off SDS over HK any day of the week due to the 'no grief' knowledge I get)

just my 2 cents worth!