Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Funtana 90 DLE 30 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Love2FlyMN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some more looking into the single battery setup...Looks like guys use capacitors and diodes to keep pulses from coming back through to the Rx..Do you use anything for this?

That was part of the reasoning from the guys at the field against the single pack setup. They thought the ignition would introduce too much interference in the RX.

Also, I located a small thin strip of stainless steel for my battery tabs. The guy at batteries plus said they just use stainless connectors, so that should work well.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:35 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Single battery setup takes an open mind, and a little research into what's REALLY going on. Not what MIGHT happen. Your call, I can appreciate your reason.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:24 AM
Love2FlyMN

Already ordered the ignition LiFe.... I definitely agree with the open mind, and it's hard to get some people to change their ways.

They helped me with locating my ignition module, fuel tank, etc, so now I just need some time to work on it, and it'll be ready for flight!

I'm kid free next week, so I think I'll have ample time to work on my projects.

Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:33 AM
Guitars415

Originally Posted by kfla
Here's some pics. of my set up, and the orig. firewall that I cut off (I had a saito 180 on it before). There is also a pic of the cowl cut out for a 180 and I bought 2 new funtana 125 cowls and sanded the coating off 1 and painted it to match the 90. I still have a NIB X 100 The throttle cable will be zip tied or epoxied to the wing tube later.
Do you have pictures of your fuel tank setup? Is it in front of, or behind the wing tube? Would like some pictures. Thank you.