Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Zenoah G62 Decathalon trouble

Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 PM
db4grudv
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Zenoah G62 Decathalon trouble

Hey all, this is my first thread post to RCU so if I am in the wrong topic let me know!

I recently bought a used decathalon that came with a Zenoah G62 on it but I am having an incredibly hard time getting the engine to keep running. I am not hugely experienced in RC gas engines, I have had a Pitts before with a SPE51 that ran fairly well, but have a fair amount of experience with engines in general.

After flipping the engine a few times with choke on it will fire once. After that choke comes off and engine will continuously fire but rarely start. I have spent three to four afternoons flipping the dang thing through in the yard and same results over and over. It has successfully started twice and ran flawlessly when it did.

Just recently I moved the high and low speed valve back to factory settings but still no luck. I have also moved them around some, still no results. I had also tried bypassing my ignition kill system to see if I get a better spark, still no results.. Also have not observed any loose fittings in fuel system. have tried a few new spark plugs as well.

Have been emailing with Zenoah support but nothing too helpful yet, any advice is much appreciated!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:41 AM
Pelle Gris

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In my experience the G-62 starts very easlily when using the right technique.
I mount the prop so that it rests against compression at 11 o´clock and start the swing at around 2-3 o´clock, and make sure that I follow through all the way through compression. Here is a small clip showing how I start mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmxEUtObisk
Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM
db4grudv
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks for the advice, in talking to Zenoah customer support it sounds like I might have a bad carburetor.

Great looking pacer also!