Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Pilot RC 20cc --Big Disappointment

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Pilot RC 20cc --Big Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 10:24 AM
phakur
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot RC 20cc --Big Disappointment

Well-

I guess you can consider a 20cc gas plane (not designed for nitro) as giant scale. If not--well I posted in the wrong section.

I went ahead and bought a 20cc extra from Chief Aircraft as the only US representative of Pilot RC products. My expectations were high considering all the good things I heard about Pilot RC in spite of the fact that I would prefer not dealing with Chief (but that's another story),

Well-the ARF showed up after an expected several week wait (it was out of stock) and -- well -- If I had to do it again---I would be somewhere else.

Things to consider--
Wadded up paper as the only padding in the single box-No damage on mine but several pieces of hardware loose in the box

No manual-but instead pointed to a generic downloadable manual on line--My issue with this---very misleading in some areas--cannot clearly see the pictures, cannot blow up the pictures to get better detail--etc---best example in some pictures elevator servo on right side, in some on the left side--how much can it cost to just develop a decent manual?

Missing hardware--my pet peeve--come on guys--can't you throw in a few extra nuts and bolts on a kit? Now I have to run out to Home Depot to either match bolts with nuts or just buy new--

Bracing--don't bother to try and even move or turn this fuse by the bracing---it is flimsy at best and really not glued down--just breaks off-

Landing gear mount--just a couple of pieces of angle screwed down to some light ply. Really needs reinforcement and not only that. but no block for finishing off the fuse below the gear so there is this gaping cut in the fuse for the gear. I'll be filling that in with some carved balsa just to make the plane look decent.

Firewall is quarter inch ply reinforced on the outside. Looks like that will need some attention as well.

Well--that's it for now--if I could I would send this back but the freight would be an issue--

Think I will try and sell and cut my losses--and go elsewhere,

I sure don't know why most people are impressed with Pilot airframes. I'm not.

Larry