Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

IMAA is it still around?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 07:18 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Smile IMAA is it still around?

I seem to remember that IMAA had folded up business as they had become irrelevant in the world of GS. Having served an important role in the development of large models from the beginning.
The reason I'm asking is that I still see advertisements that the plane is IMAA legal.
Sparky
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

IMAA legal is a catch all for anything 1/4 scale or meeting the 60/80 rule as the definition for giant scale.

But no, they are gone.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 05:29 AM
wingstwo
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imaa

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
IMAA legal is a catch all for anything 1/4 scale or meeting the 60/80 rule as the definition for giant scale.

But no, they are gone.
We went to a model swap shop in early March and the low prices for large scale
aircraft, engines, etc was stunning. If they sold at all, turn key models went for 20%
or less of their value. New engines in their boxes (1.20 and up) sold for less than half
their original Tower type prices. And at least half of the giant models returned home
with the sellers, because of no offers.

IMAA suddenly closing its doors, with the Fall 2014 magazine issue, leaving subscribers
holding up to 3 yrs worth of unfilled membership/mag subscriptions with no refund offered,
was damaging to the industry for sure.