Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Electric conversion/replacement for Zenoah G38?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Electric conversion/replacement for Zenoah G38?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 08:45 AM
sailbode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric conversion/replacement for Zenoah G38?

Want to re-power a Ziroli twin Beech with electric motors. Looking for comparable or better performance of Zenoah G38 and 10 minute flights....3 hp...2200 watts?? 55 amps on 10s??
All suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by sailbode; 02-17-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:00 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been checking some Scorpion motors Innov8tive Designs/Scorpion products
There are some nice motors that look like they will fill the bill. However, You should give Lucien Miller a call and talk to him about it.
I checked out the Scorpion 4035 series and a couple have some possibilities. I don't think you will get away with trying to get that much power @ 55A. Also how much p[rop clearance is available?
How much does the plane weigh? Wingspan and wing cubic loading?
I use a number of Scorpion and Cobra motors and find they are very well made motors. Stay away from the cheap Turnigy. No sense in installing cheap motors into a plane you spent a lot of time, money and effort into. The Scorpions are far superior to just about anything else with the exception of Hacker motors HackerMotorUSA.com
Both brands are excellent quality.
Good luck.