Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

composite arf extra 260 3 meter engine mounting question

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

composite arf extra 260 3 meter engine mounting question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 04:42 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default composite arf extra 260 3 meter engine mounting question

I am going to install a 3w 170 engine on a 3m CARF extra 260. The instruction manual shows the mounting dimensions for a DA150. Can someone share the exact mounting dimensions for a 3w 170, which incorporates the correct right thrust?

thanks
Old 02-25-2019, 07:50 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

For the most part the correct amount of right thrust is molded into the engine dome. You may or may not need to adjust it depending on the prop you use. The suggested method to mount your engine is to stand the fuselage on end tail down ( yes I know it's a big fuselage ). It's best to install the landing gear without wheels and pants and use the gear to suspend the fuselage. Then set the engine in place on the firewall and then attach the cowl. To make things easier you can have the cowl halves bolted together. Once the cowl and your spinner backplate is in place you can move the engine to its correct position then carefully mark around the perimeter of the mount. Take everything down and you will be able to mark and drill the holes in the firewall. Any adjustments needed from there will be pretty small and since that airplane has no nose ring will be undetectable.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 02-25-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thank you
Old 02-26-2019, 09:58 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Your welcome, if any other questions come up regarding that airplane just let me know. I have quite a bit of time on one.