Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

STEED'S STUFF ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:37 PM
GSNut
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default STEED'S STUFF ??

Can anyone fill me in on an outfit called Steed's Stuff???

I've never heard of them myself and have been approached to custom build a P51D from his plans..and I can find no references or even a mention of him as to Accessories and such. Yet he refers to his own retracts and to several well known companies that have canopy, cowls and such. Yet when queryed I find nothing..

The Giant Scale P51D is 101 inch ws..and is supposedly drawn from micro films orginating from North American Avation.

Anybody ever seen one or flown one or anything ???? Maybe a URL that I missed??

Keep em Flying
Old 10-17-2003, 05:05 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STEED'S STUFF ??

I too have a set of Steed Stuff's P-51D plans, along with a glass fuse and other parts supposedly sold with it. I have been trying to run Doss Steed down for several months now, without much luck. We've been carrying this conversation on in another thread, why don't you join us?

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=843243&key=]Doss Steed P-51D Mustang Thread[/link]
Old 11-08-2003, 05:15 PM
billd3

I too have a Dos Steed P-51 plan set but mine is a92" wing. I know of no URL for Dos and I don't know how to contact him. The plans are nicely drawn and I believe to be very accurate although I haven't taken my "micrometer" to it yet. I also have Don Smith's 112" P-51 plans and the design characteristics seem very similar. I am a P-51 "NUT" but to date I have only built 2 Ziroli's. I build professionally full time and have had very little time for my own projects and since I am flying the Ziroli now, I haven't pursued either Dos' or Smith's planes.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:58 PM
rcnutzp51d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello i have had the plans for about a year and i feel your pain i ahve found small pics but nothing relevant i will help u if u help me find stuff on this p-51
Old 10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
GSNut

ORIGINAL: down_4double

hello i have had the plans for about a year and i feel your pain i ahve found small pics but nothing relevant i will help u if u help me find stuff on this p-51
Hi, down_4double..!

Welcome !

Please join in all on the Doss Steed Thread at:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=843243&key=

DinD