Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale for airport wildlife (bird) control

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Giant Scale for airport wildlife (bird) control

Old 12-30-2003, 05:04 PM
CrazyHerb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale for airport wildlife (bird) control

Hi all,
I'm looking for ANY information on using R/C for airport wildlife (bird) control.

I've heard about it in the past, and know there's a few companies that do it. But, I'm wondering what kind of results it's yeilded and if it actually will be feasable.
Ok...I know a few of you have chased birds around your flying field....

I'm researching/designing/planning a low-cost (construction and operation), easily deployable, easily transportable R/C design to test how well it could work.

More than likely using inexpensive conversion motor (Ryobi 31cc), standard giant scale servos, and fast-building foam board material (like my Big Pink design on www.crazyherb.com ). Simple, maunverable, and portable...

Couple Questions to spark some brain cells:

1. Do you think a giant scale (Bird-like) airframe would simulate a better "scare" effect??
2. We know in the long term GASOLINE will be cheaper to run but is glow an option for simplicity?
3. Do you think SMOKE would have an added "scare" effect?
4. Do you think a quiet electric with the menacing (giant eagle) apperance would have a better effect than a loud two stroke gasser on a (not so bird-like) Delta-wing style or conventional airframe?

I kind of struggled to find an actual "forum" to post this...but definitly looking at GIANT SCALE to do the project with. So, here it is...

I'm welcoming any ideas, links, references you may have on the topic. Pictures....experiences...links....you name it...

Thanks!
CrazyHerb