Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Double Visions (s)

Old 01-25-2004, 05:16 AM
artistic-aero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Visions (s)

Hello Chip

I was wondering. I live in the UK and have seen now 3 versions of the Double Vision for sale, one from PL, one from ZN and a 3D version from your own company. What are the differences in these offerings? I ask because importing a DV ARTF from yourself might be prohibitive, even though I have placed my name on your waiting list to buy one (I never heard back.. is it still a sound order?) Leading on from that, if I was to buy one of the European versions, how could they be converted to 3D? Are we looking at a new section and configuration? I'm looking for a home for the YS160 which should be ideal in this plane, and I have to say its a great looking bipe.

TIA
Old 01-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Double Visions (s)

ZN line is not going to produce it because I opted to go with PL for the pattern version instead. They intern are going to wait for a little while to make sure there is going to be a market for this type of plane in the future. I have the 3D version you ordered and apologize for not getting back to you. I do have your order at this time and will let you know when they come in.

Chip
ORIGINAL: artistic-aero

Hello Chip

I was wondering. I live in the UK and have seen now 3 versions of the Double Vision for sale, one from PL, one from ZN and a 3D version from your own company. What are the differences in these offerings? I ask because importing a DV ARTF from yourself might be prohibitive, even though I have placed my name on your waiting list to buy one (I never heard back.. is it still a sound order?) Leading on from that, if I was to buy one of the European versions, how could they be converted to 3D? Are we looking at a new section and configuration? I'm looking for a home for the YS160 which should be ideal in this plane, and I have to say its a great looking bipe.

TIA
Old 01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Redwings

Hey Chip any idea on when the Double Vision will be available? I have my name on one!!!
Peter Beck
Old 01-27-2004, 06:46 AM
Passport1

ORIGINAL: Redwings

Hey Chip any idea on when the Double Vision will be available? I have my name on one!!!
Peter Beck
To be honest I have kinda lost track with everything else going on at this time. I will get with the factory when they return from there New Year and let you know. They were building more jigs when we last spoke and working around the clock in order to make the finish date we had agreed upon. Thats all I can tell you for sure at this time, will keep you posted.

Chip
Old 01-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Redwings

Great Chip. This is my 2004 plane of choice!!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:12 PM
artistic-aero

Thank you for the info

I was wondering about the YS160 and the Double Vision, or the CAP for that matter. I quite used to these YS engines after years of use and would like to continue with them. Do you think your designs are suitable? I noticed what looked like a YS in the CAP. I don't mind getting the DA50 at all, but would quite like to stick with what I know!

Also, are there significant changes in your pattern design and the 3D versions? (Of the Double Vision) I understand the enlarged surfaces, they are quite obvious!

Thank you again.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Passport1

The Y.S. 160 is a great choice for either and probably the best overall engine there is for the CAPX. There are many changes between the two planes. the most obvious is the surfaces being enlarged and the thick wings. The surfaces for 3D, and the wings I did so flying wires do need to be used.

Chip
ORIGINAL: artistic-aero

Thank you for the info

I was wondering about the YS160 and the Double Vision, or the CAP for that matter. I quite used to these YS engines after years of use and would like to continue with them. Do you think your designs are suitable? I noticed what looked like a YS in the CAP. I don't mind getting the DA50 at all, but would quite like to stick with what I know!

Also, are there significant changes in your pattern design and the 3D versions? (Of the Double Vision) I understand the enlarged surfaces, they are quite obvious!

Thank you again.