Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

which 40% edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 03:09 PM
aeroflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which 40% edge 540

Greetings I am planning a 40 % edge project and would like some input from others with experience . Which kits either arf or full build have the better quality in materials and completeness, meaning included hardware etc. I currently have the lanier 30% edge and I am pleased with it although some re inforcement with epoxy and glass made the cowl and wheel pants a bit more sturdy. I have looked at the 40% edge by Lanier , Dave Patrick and the carden kits . Any info is well received thanks Paul
Old 02-14-2004, 03:17 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: which 40% edge 540

Most all of the 40% models at my field are Cardens. The others may be okay, but I think the Cardens have a best reputation.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

My vote is the 42% AeroTech Edge if your going to build it, these kits are all laser cut, include dash panels, tail wheels and they fly just like a Carden and since finishing mine I have sold my Carden. John is a great guy that will answer any questions. I am axiously awaiting his new 42% Velox ARF. You can now even get the Edge in an arf from him, he is building his own kits in his new shop for sale as ARFs for 2004. Check them out at http://www.aerotech-rcmodels.com/
Old 03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
3DRC
My Feedback: (3)

Ditto on the Aerotech. Great kit, great owner. If you can build a trainer you could build this kit. It is very straight forward and the laser cut parts are a real help. I built mine in 3 months just working a couple of hours in the evenings after the kids were asleep.

I am getting ready to start on another 42% kit next week.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Xtremerc

hey
check out greg at glhobbies.com he sells a 41% edge.
later xtremerc