Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Airwild Giles G-300 Maiden Flight

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Airwild Giles G-300 Maiden Flight

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
mrcasey69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airwild Giles G-300 Maiden Flight

Wow, there is still somebody out there. Thanks for getting back to me. I am mostly wondering how the plane flew in the long run and how the skin hinges held out. Mine is white with red bottom (un painted from factory) and so will require paint or decals. I am considering selling it or spending the time and money to get this flying and painted. It depends on whether it is worth it or not. I guess I am looking for opinions. Information, pictures and video is sparse on this plane. Anything yopu could contribute would be appreciated.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
darryl-e

OKay i will try to help you out. it flys very well a 100cc will make this thing a rocket ship as long as you move the motor as far ahead as you can. i think i had about a 1/4inch between the spinner back plate and the cowling. all my batts where as far ahead as i could get them. i went single 7955or 5955 hitecs in the wings also on the tail as well. Rudder i used a pull pull with a swb tray for a single 8711 jr with a 5" arm to match the rudder horn this worked perfect.

as for performance very good for normal flight and it worked very well for 3d the little i know of it. i was planning on putting smoke on this plane but a club member wanted it so i sold it. It did need a little more nose wait that is why i was going to do smoke, not to mention the easy clean up with the comp fuse versus monokote. My plane as well was the white/ red one. I decided to not add anymore wieght to it so i got a company to make me some vinyl decals. it turned out good in my eyes. and it is awsome looking in the sky.
Note the rudder is hudge on this thing and is VVEERRYY effective. as for the skin hindges never had a problem. i to was concerned so i sent a email to airwild they said what you should do before you fly it is sand down the inside tip areas and thenapply a thin ca hinge. i did this on inboard and outboard and never had any problems.

this plane is very uniqiue looking in the air. it has very responsive tail surfaces but i found the need to dial in a small amount of differential because of the top mount hindge system(can't remember how much) in hovering ii could hold it from torque rolling but it could have used a little bit more ailerion.

any other ? ask a way i will monitor this thread to help you out.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
mrcasey69
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the response. This will be quite helpful. I will decide shortly if I will keep it or sell it. It is a very unique airplane. I am just not much of a painter (I should have thought of that when I bought it) It will be a month until I get to this plane either way. I will post if I have any more questions. I like the idea of a single aileron servo. I was thinking of Hitec 7950TH all around (one per aileron, one per elevator) except the rudder. For the rudder I have a single 7990HV. I appreciate you checking in every once in a while.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
darryl-e

no problem

cheers