Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

The unthinkable happened yesterday.....

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

The unthinkable happened yesterday.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Leardriver
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unthinkable happened yesterday.....

Yea sorry guys...this thread (which I posted months ago) was started for one reason and instantly morphed into an arguement (or "discussion" if you will) regarding something completely different than the origianl question at hand. I probably should have just locked it but I honestly had no idea it would continue to show it's ugly head in mid-Oct! Sorry again fellas....

Leardriver
Old 10-20-2004, 04:19 AM
forestroke

Leardriver, I'm glad you let it keep running, I've read some interesting (or rather entertaining) stuff. Of course it no longer pertains to your original questions as to why your engine quit on you after take off, but hey, some people still find it entertaining enough to keep reading (like me) and posting.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:17 AM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Well I just got my first 28% and its going together. As a sergeant in the Army I dont make the big bucks, so managing a fiance and bills, and lastly my planes is a task. I have been flying my Twist 3D so much and getting tired of being pushed around in the wind I had to go gas. I fly so much that glow at $15 a bottle costs way too much, then again, like in this thread crashing my big plane will cost way too much!!! It sounds like everyone here has a lot of flying experience; even with real planes. For what its worth I have conducted close to 100 combat Air Assaults in Aghanistan and Iraq. I am also an expert at flying my parachute down to the ground...along with about 250lbs of equipment. Although I have not tried to 3D with my parachute yet...lol.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:07 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

airborne,
I can tell you know what your doing cause you came right to the best thread on the internet. Keep in mind, it's not always important to be correct, as long as your loud. I'm sure your military background taught you that already.

I'm glad you agree giant scale is more economical than 40 size, you're my kind of guy. Good luck with your new plane.

Tom
Old 10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Hey Leardriver,
You said you were using a B&B tank with only 1/16 diameter inner circumfrences on the fittings? I am overnighting in GSP (always at the wrong time) so can't look, but I think the opening is much larger than that. If I remember right it is very close to the inner circumfrence of standard gas fuel lines. I have used the supplied fittings with my engines up to 4.6 without problems..I am currently working on projects with a DA-100 and one with a 150 so I will be looking at this closely. I wonder what the minimum needed is to keep the correct fuel supplies?
Keep us informed on the engine will ya.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Leardriver
My Feedback: (12)

Use 1/8" nipples and you'll be fine. Mine has not missed a beat since that very telling day. I am speculating that that was the problem. That was a heavy price to pay for such a simple oversight but all is well and has been all season on the second plane. I am finishing up a 3.3M Yak now with a DA150 and don't expect to have anymore trouble with the engines.

Leardriver
Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
lockjaw-express
My Feedback: (36)

Paul,

Tee on the fuel line!

If the fill line that is attached to the tee has an air leak, and it does not take much, then an air bubble in the line.

I know, this happened to me.

BR, Mark