Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

DOD Website?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: DOD Website?

While his actions may be reprehensible and unethical, there is simply no excuse for the kind of insults and nonsense posted on that site. It's one thing to bring factual information to public view, but people simply lost control of themselves. It was a perfect example of the anonymity of the internet combined with mob mentality.

Basinbum, there is no justification for 90% of the trash posted on that site.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:48 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked the idea of putting your name and pic up. Keeps people accountable for what they say/rumors they spread. It's easy to spout off a bunch of garbage when you hide behind anonymity.

Jon
Old 05-12-2004, 09:53 AM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***!!!!!!! I just went to joehuntsucks.com. and now they got guy this guy doing a dance and singing in spanish. BOY THAT FACE LOOKS FAMILAR.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:54 AM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

I liked the idea of putting your name and pic up. Keeps people accountable for what they say/rumors they spread. It's easy to spout off a bunch of garbage when you hide behind anonymity.

Jon
Yea what he said. I think they should do it here. unless you got something to hide
Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

While his actions may be reprehensible and unethical, there is simply no excuse for the kind of insults and nonsense posted on that site. It's one thing to bring factual information to public view, but people simply lost control of themselves. It was a perfect example of the anonymity of the internet combined with mob mentality.

Basinbum, there is no justification for 90% of the trash posted on that site.

I agree with Doug on this. The factual information there is ethical to post but the "in the gutter trash talking" is just not the right thing to do.

It is one thing to say that Joe did you wrong or lied to you but another to name call, threaten or resort to other not so mature methods.

Whatever the reason is that the site is gone (at least for today) nobody is ever going to know the truth 100%. I know a lot of people in this hobby so I have some inkling as to some of the reasons and suffice it to say the truth is out there somewhere. Just depends on how deep you want to dig to really find it and if you feel it is worth your time to do so.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:01 AM
CCDave
My Feedback: (53)

This is crazy!!!

I have to say I was ticked that Joe required your real name to access his forum... I don't like having my real name out on the net... I just stopped going to the PITS as a result... Before that I was reading the post all the time...

I did notice that he was biased towards his latest sponsor, but I had no idea of anything else and really I don't care.... I was only interested in information that would help me in this hobby...

I had heard rumors that he was kind of a jerk, but again I don't care.... I don't make my life on the internet and unless you know Joe personally or he has attacked you personally you should get off his back...

Whatever Joe has or hasn't done... He just administered a web site if you didn't like him or his site, don't go to it!!! If you don't like him how is he going to affect you otherwise? If you are a vendor that he has supposedly slandered that stuff happens all the time on the net... How is Joe's attitude toward your products any different than anyone else posting a "This company sucks" thread....

I heard about the situation with DSP and I believe his story since I did read a post from a witness... I also saw another post where he had a golden opportunity to slam DSP and he took the high road...

I'm sure I have missed a few things, but what I have read has not been what I would call slanderous… I go to the Joesucks.com today and I read lots of venom about this guy who likes to fly RC planes!!! It is a HOBBY people…. Somebody was going to do a background check on him so they could find dirt on him!!! Does this seem really insane to anyone but me? Do these people not have anything better to do??? Go fly your planes!!! Spend sometime with your significant other!!! GET A LIFE!!!! There are much more important things going on in the world than what kind of a person Joe Hunt is…

Go fly….
Old 05-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Hank68

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:09 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Alot of the stuff going around IMO was/is generated by those that "read" about the riff-raff, and for some unknown reason decide to jump on the band-wagon for the cause either way. I'm known about Joe for probably 3yrs or so, and never met him, however I do have a few friends that have had first hand dealings with him, and no probs whatsoever.
I'm not one to believe everything I read, and frankly most of the time, it's just for entertainment and hobby purposes that I use the web.
It's just mind boggling that people would go to such lengths to defame an individual, and then when that individual takes all they give out...the sick minds go after his family. Now.....I don't see how SO MANY people can have a vendetta...I mean, there's just no way Joe's had dealings with that many people in the short time he's been involved in the hobby. Just no way.
Another amazing and very unfortunate anomaly that the internet has created is what I would call the "interpretation factor". I wonder how many people read and interpret information differently, by wording of posts, puncuation of posts, without any first-hand knowledge of the issues at hand. Which in most cases, probably don't have a thing to do with them.
I was a recent "come back" member of DOD, and did find that I had to reregister, and post a pic. No prob really, as it did have some very nice attributes to the site, and was well thought out and alot of work went into it.
I do have first-hand knowledge about what was happening, again at least as much as I was told...FIRST HAND, although have no idea why people have a need to go to extreme lengths, and waste thier time, as well as totally bash a family. For the cause of what??? A hobby?? Is that part of the hobby?? In 30yrs of modeling(yes I grew up in it), I don't recall that being any part of it....other then from a political stand point, and for those involved in clubs you might know what I'm talking about....problem here is that club is as big as the internet population that frequents these boards.
How in the world does a guy like Joe defend that? Probably my guess would be, ...just as he is doing...sitting quietly..waiting...watching... sooner of later... those responsible will give it away, and maybe already have...because it's not right...none of it... Someone or a few someone's should be made accountable. My guess here is they will... just a guess though.
It's just disappointing that someone with knowledge enough to get that sick website up doesn't put it to better use. What a waste. ****......just leave the guy alone..
Old 05-12-2004, 10:13 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

I couldnt have said it any better ccdave.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:22 AM
PlagueWielder

ORIGINAL: SMALLFLY-

I couldnt have said it any better ccdave.

Exactly. What dgrant said is also very true.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:33 AM
birdie_in_texas
My Feedback: (2)

whose face is that dancing the jig on there now?
Old 05-12-2004, 10:44 AM
DENNIS C

[quoteThis is crazy!!!

I have to say I was ticked that Joe required your real name to access his forum... I don't like having my real name out on the net... I just stopped going to the PITS as a result... Before that I was reading the post all the time...][/quote]

CCDAVE, Does this mean you going to stop coming to rcu. Your real name is in your PROFILE here on RCU. if thats even your real name. Here for public viewing. i did nt see a problem with having your real name on "DOWN ON THE DECK"
Old 05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
CCDave
My Feedback: (53)

ORIGINAL: bodymann

[quoteThis is crazy!!!

I have to say I was ticked that Joe required your real name to access his forum... I don't like having my real name out on the net... I just stopped going to the PITS as a result... Before that I was reading the post all the time...]
CCDAVE, Does this mean you going to stop coming to rcu. Your real name is in your PROFILE here on RCU. if thats even your real name. Here for public viewing. i did nt see a problem with having your real name on "DOWN ON THE DECK"
[/quote]

I didn't know that information was available... I have fixed that... Yes I still don't like having real information available on the internet... Opens you up to indentity theft... Why does ANYONE online need to know who I am because I asked a question about a RC item?? I don't live on the net so I don't need anyone knowing my real name...

If RCU started requiring that information I would no longer use it either and I wouldn't whine about it... It's my choice! You choose to give that information I don't.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
JBanks523
My Feedback: (17)

Whats the big deal with having your real name and an avatar pic? You name doesnt open you to indentity theft... your SS# does... No one can get a credit card with just a name... I thought it added alot to the site to know who you were talking to and your really got to know people rather than talking to NEWMEMBER0384854849393... What you think of Joe Hunt and his website are irrelevent, the fact that someone would actually make a site like JHS is rediculous... grow up... all you doing is making yourself (well, if you werent hiding behind the website) look like a jack@$$... I'm sure Joe is sorry he gets all that free stuff from those companies... or is the fact that YOU are sorry you didnt think of it first... Think about this site... Im sure all these ads dont appear here for free... how come RCU doesnt recieve all this flack... Lastly, remember it is a hobby... it supposed to be fun... lets try to keep it that way... Ill get off my soapbox now...
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: Aerohead

John VH:

No, John. I had no earthly idea what was happening - still don't.[]

Nick Jones
Hey nick send me your # and i'll tell you what i know. if you have'nt figure it out yet

[email protected]
Old 05-12-2004, 11:37 AM
birdie_in_texas

hey ...John made it..!

wish there was away to get in touch with everyone from the pits...

i miss it already..!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:40 AM
sport10

I too am a frequent vistor to Joe's site and just recently signed up to his forum the Pits. All I had was two days and it was cut off. This just gripes my #@%. In the past all I did was look at the reviews and pic on his main page plus viewing the vids on the contest he held. It is ashamed that a few individuals would stoop so low as to make a website like Joehuntsucks.com!!!!! It is not unheard of for people that fly in this type of flight to get banned from clubs that feel the in close type of 3D flight is unsafe. Our local "Joe Hunt" has a hard time trying to find places to hold his fly-ins here due to some of the people that participates attitudes.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
JBanks523
My Feedback: (17)

Tell me about it Birdie, I emailed Joe about getting some email addresses for guys that I always PM'd... I was looking at the "users in this forum" list above... I am seeing many users names that I recongize from DOD before it changed to full name... Having a hard time though remembering who is who though from user name and not real name.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Matt Merciez
My Feedback: (34)

It is very unfortunate that Joe shutdown his website. I don't know Joe personally but I do know I liked how the DOD website was administered and how the forum was progressing. I felt that Joe ran the website with a positive spin. I can't recall a post made by Joe that was negative in any way. The forum was very useful in helping people learn about the hobby. I personally liked the idea of having your image as the avatar and your name in your signature.

Just my .02!

Matt Merciez
Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
cary c.

all the DOD guys head to Vu's site

Cary C.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:19 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I know that all Joe want's on his site is positive info...I believe that. I didn't see any bashing going on, and it did seem that individuals were welcome to voice opinions about most anything as long as it didn't get abusive and aggresive.

Obviously those with the vendetta couldn't voice it there, so elected to go about it other ways...and when that didn't seem to get to him, they went after those closest to him. That's the outrage I have with it all. It's one thing when someone wants to poke an individual in the ribs and say thier peace, but when they go after family and loved ones in such a vile and cruel manner...I can probably safely say...those involved didn't even know anyone they defamed, maybe too and include Joe himself. It's absolutely totally wrong, and a bit unnerving and maybe even a scarey event as well.

Hang in there Joe....I'm sure there's alot of people that even though they might not agree with your views, and opinions wouldn't want to see that kind of abuse put to anyone, and especially thier family.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:25 PM
birdie_in_texas

ryans site is dead i think...
Old 05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
walton
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: cary c.

all the DOD guys head to Vu's site

Cary C.
What is the adress to vu's site I forgot.

James
Old 05-12-2004, 12:35 PM
rcpilotjae-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

All:

Gee, isn't it nice to know that we have terrorists in this hobby? Dam shame. Irregardless of what someones past dealings maybe, it is just plain degrading to Americans to use slander against a person and his/her family to get what you want. There are some of us that are no better than Sadam Hussein himself.
-JAE
Old 05-12-2004, 01:00 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

I would have to question the character of anyone who routinely makes enemies and badmouths suppliers like DA and Carden. As Marc has said - we may never get the whole story, but we should not all be on Joe's side just yet. I was at an event once where Joe was in attendance, I saw him "go off" as only he can. It wasn't pretty. Think restraining order.

The dude's wound a little tight if you ask me.. like we all agree- this hobby is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, not stressed and critical.

Bottom line is if you are willing to slam or slander someone or punch a company in the nose - you best damn better be able to take a slamming back or you're gonna hit the mat... By the looks of the note on Joe's website, it looks like he was on the receiving end of the knockout punch....

Something definitely smells around here..... !
DP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.