Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Radio Craft Staudacher

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 02:29 PM
badarkstar
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Craft Staudacher

Hi CHip,

I was wondering if you can give me some ideas to try. I reset up this plane trying to improve some of its caracteristics. My biggest problem now is from inverted when i push to an upline, it needs lots of left rudder to establish a decent upline. With out the rudder it leans over in the upline almost 45 degrees. Ive always just lived with it before and put the rudder in, but i'd like to try to make it a little less pilot workload. My elevator halves are equal. and ive played with wingtip weight to where it will loop pretty equal on both inside and outside loops.... any suggestions...... thanks in advance.... Bill
Old 05-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio Craft Staudacher

What does it do if you just do outside loops pointing at yourself?

Do that as well as inside loops, and insert a pic of the nose of the plane from the top

Chip
ORIGINAL: badarkstar

Hi CHip,

I was wondering if you can give me some ideas to try. I reset up this plane trying to improve some of its caracteristics. My biggest problem now is from inverted when i push to an upline, it needs lots of left rudder to establish a decent upline. With out the rudder it leans over in the upline almost 45 degrees. Ive always just lived with it before and put the rudder in, but i'd like to try to make it a little less pilot workload. My elevator halves are equal. and ive played with wingtip weight to where it will loop pretty equal on both inside and outside loops.... any suggestions...... thanks in advance.... Bill
Old 06-19-2004, 10:27 AM
badarkstar
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry it took me so long to respond, damn work heheh. What I found out since I wrote you was that my plane actually would fly strait and level upright, but inverted I would have to hold some right aileron in. So when i was pushing to an upline and having to put in left rudder it was actually rolling slightly as I pushed into the up line. I tried a mix of about 3 percent aileron with down elevator and it actually works pretty well, but is there a better way to solve this. Thanks for your help.... Bill
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOu got it, thats all I could suggest.

Chip
ORIGINAL: badarkstar

Sorry it took me so long to respond, damn work heheh. What I found out since I wrote you was that my plane actually would fly strait and level upright, but inverted I would have to hold some right aileron in. So when i was pushing to an upline and having to put in left rudder it was actually rolling slightly as I pushed into the up line. I tried a mix of about 3 percent aileron with down elevator and it actually works pretty well, but is there a better way to solve this. Thanks for your help.... Bill