Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Wing bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 12:06 AM
todhog
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing bags

Where should I go to get wings bags for my H9 Sukhoi? I found a nice one at Tower hobbies but it's not available til late July, which means September or later. I want a single bag for both wings.

Thanks, Todd
Old 06-17-2004, 12:18 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Wing bags

-=SHAMELESS PLUG=-

WingTote Medium Double. www.wingtote.com

-=/SHAMELESS PLUG=-
Old 06-17-2004, 12:28 AM
GaryM
My Feedback: (14)

RCWingbags.com
I have two sets and they are great.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:45 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ditto on the RCWINGBAGS.COM!!! I got em and I love em!!

Astrohog
Old 06-17-2004, 03:33 AM
extragiles

Hanger 9 makes a set of padded wing bags for the A/C. I use these bags on my other A/C. They only cost $70. You get stab, rudder and wing bags made for that plane.

Allen
Old 06-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

I agree RCWingbags.com
Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

I have the Medium Wingtote bags for both my H9 Extra and Sukhoi; I like them, but you will have to wait to get them from Tower. I guess the other company would be fine, never used there products, but a wingbag is a wingbag IMO..
Old 06-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

I really like the wingbags from Carden.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: Texas 3D

I really like the wingbags from Carden.
Ya don't we all? How about dropping the price a bit.. But wait it's just not a Carden unless you pay a premium.. [:-]
Old 06-17-2004, 12:42 PM
NOVAflier

I have a wing tote, the medium size which I think is 72", I love it. It was only like $40 or so. I went to look for one for my new Funtana 90 and it's going to cost me like $25 more! Why?? It's a 2 piece wing!!!! HELLO, LESS MATERIAL=LESS LABOR=LOWER PRICE????
Old 06-17-2004, 12:46 PM
NOVAflier

How about an RCU discount then??
Old 06-17-2004, 12:55 PM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Will the small Wing Tote bag fit a Soucy Extra and the W.M. Extra ? On both models the wing halves are roughly 37" in length. The price sure is better at 50.00 through Tower when they get them in stock.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Badge

Your going to find the more you look at wing tote the more you will see that they are always on back order, I had to wait almost months to get my set then gave up and bought from Mike at RCWingbags.com. Mike is a great guy and builds fantastic bags. I know he is so swamped right now the poor guy wasnt expecting his product to take off so quickly and at this point you will have to wait a little bit to get your bags but at least Mike will tell you that up front and is much easier to get a hold of. The man loves to talk on the phone and I find that a plus in this hobby when your looking to purchase from their business.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: rfw1953

Will the small Wing Tote bag fit a Soucy Extra and the W.M. Extra ? On both models the wing halves are roughly 37" in length. The price sure is better at 50.00 through Tower when they get them in stock.
Yes they will fit the small wingtote bag. I used the small wingtote bag with my DP Edge wings. I like the one piece bag and wingtote does make a great product, but having to wait when you need them will tend to make you look elsewhere. It's all about choice, I don't think there is one wing bag better than the other....IMO..
Old 06-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Badge

Mike can do all kinds of colors to match your airplane etc as well so your not stuck with a one type of bag. He also has just added the Double Bag that will combine your two wing backs into one package.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Jemo

I have to agree. rcwingbags are top notch quality, I am very pleased with mine.

http://www.rcwingbags.com/
Old 06-17-2004, 07:00 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

[link=http://www.airwildhobbies.com]Air Wild Hobbies[/link] make a sweet bag, but the cost a bit more. The Wing Totes are very nice and that is what I have. I can get them directly from my LHS. They always seem to have all sizes and configurations in stock.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:15 PM
pprescott

Hello RC Enthusiasts and fellow pilots!!

My name is Perry Prescott and I am the President of WTI Designs.
You may know one of our brands; WING TOTE. I wanted to first state that this post is in no way a sales pitch or plug for my company or product lines, but after many hits from recent forums, I feel compelled to address this forum. So if I offend either the moderator or customers or for that fact, competitors, I apologize in advance.

As you may know, we founded WING TOTE over two years ago from our own passion surrounding big RC planes and protection for the wing panels. We actually did not even find our competition in advance to the business model development. From the beginning, we set out to provide the best quality and valued carrying bags for RC products and sell through the largest distributors to get into every Hobby store, where the consumers could readily purchase these bags. All of our designs came from our own research and our own sizing of wing panels, and this is apparent in our designs. There are no other bags like the WING TOTE bags! We rapidly moved in to RC cars and accessories as we were asked by consumers and distributors alike. We have been fortunate to have become the leading bag manufacture in the RC industry for planes and cars, as we have been told by our distributors, and our sales validate this. We have also become the leading supplier in third party nylon goods for many other manufactures. For all of this I am grateful! I will also say that we have had growing pains, to say the least, but through all of this, we have never copied a designs or offered negative feedback to our competition or others, and we will not in the future!

As of recent, there has been allot of discussion on the RCU forums regarding wingtote and wingbags in general. I will say that I have been disappointed in much of the negativity in that several comments that have been made, I have followed up to see what the problem was and if we could resolved. In several cases, I found that the person complaining about issues, was, to the contrary, indeed satisfied and even ordered more products from us. I do not understand how a complaint can be offered on these forums, but ok when we offer to solve a problem. I again, admit, we have had problems with our supply chain form Asia and as of April 2004, moved our production back to Seattle Washington, with our own sewers and support staff as we once did in our beginning. We have also offered a 2 weeks or its free guarantee for retail orders to keep our deliveries on time. We have also offered incentives and promo items to keep our customers engaged and satisfied with us. Recent threads have been posted regarding wing bag choices and this is a free market and this is the beautiful this we experience in the US. Many comments have been coming from parties tied to our competition and I believe that this is wrong! A company should stand on its own merits or failures and not negative and false propoganda from others. I will also say that last month, I posted a letter to our customers inviting comments and direct calls to myself, and all of the feedback we received was positive, with no negativity. Again, for this I am grateful, but do not understand why we cannot have a direct dialog with some of our customers or potential customers directly, verses the forum approach. I understand that the forum is a community space to discuss, critique', complain and praise, but I would invite these same comments to come to us as well so we can resolve issues and head off problems verses many of the comments that are posted. Again, I invite any and all to contact me directly for open discussions to any topics. Our company goal is to still be the leader in Hobby nylon goods, customer service and new product development to enhance and protect your models and pride-full work. Additionally, we have not and will not replicate, modify or reclaim others designs, ideas or pricing models, but will use our own ideas, market research and designs to service this small niche market but see that others do not operate the same way.

So after all of this, I will say, we started with this niche and unique design for our own products and not based on others designs to service an un-utilized market. We have done this, and I might say, well. I ask that you consider speaking with me directly at 253-891-9469 or [email protected] to discuss any matter so we can help with decisions, ideas or orders, indeed this is why we are in business. You have choices, and we believe that we offer the best brand, bill of materials, price, availability and service. There is competition and as they grow, will experience their own monsters, but the growth, problems and how they are solved is also the best way to judge a company, team or individual. So, come guys,(gals) call us if you have a question, problem or other matter, so we can work with you to resolve. Give us a chance, we have worked hard to get these bags to you and know once you try this brand, will be impressed and with the 2 week guarantee, are covered from long fill rate times.

Oh ya, keep on eye out for our new bag lines for Heli's and Jets as well as WING TOTE Lite, half the price of the WING TOTE line and in colors and different closure choices and one more item, the Weather Guard, a water proof and heat reflective cover in three sizes. Announcements in Mid July 2004. We also will have a new customer comment forum for wing bag questions and facts next month at www.wingtote.com

Thank you for your read and continued business, we are the little guy, help keep us at the top with the best bags ever designs and priced for the RC enthusiast!!

Perry Prescott
President - WTI Designs
253-891-9469
Old 06-22-2004, 07:24 PM
CDignition

I would say the "Baglady" was one of the first pioneers of nice wingbags...in 1996 I had 3M sailplane bags and TX bags...nice stuff...
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: Badge

Your going to find the more you look at wing tote the more you will see that they are always on back order, I had to wait almost months to get my set then gave up and bought from Mike at RCWingbags.com. Mike is a great guy and builds fantastic bags. I know he is so swamped right now the poor guy wasnt expecting his product to take off so quickly and at this point you will have to wait a little bit to get your bags but at least Mike will tell you that up front and is much easier to get a hold of. The man loves to talk on the phone and I find that a plus in this hobby when your looking to purchase from their business.

You can order the wingtotes directly from the company. I considered those, and the wingbags.com for my GP Patty. I ended up buying the wingtote. My decisions was based on price since I hadn't seen either first hand, and I didn't want to spend a lot on wingbags for this size plane. I ordered them directly, and got them within a week. I also got free prop covers. The bag is very well made, no complaints.

I also agree that when I was getting information from Mike at wingbags.com, he was quick with replies and very professional. I WILL order a set from wingbags.com for my 1/3 scale next year, and can then compare the quality of each.

I don't think you will be disappointed with either product.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

anybody know what the waiting time for a set from rcwingbags currently is ?
Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 AM
todhog

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. After reading them all and digesting the info I called Perry at Wingtote. That was me that ordered two bags yesterday, Perry. They were in stock and should be here soon. I'll report back then. So far I'm happy with Wingtote's service and price.

Later, Todd
Old 06-23-2004, 03:38 PM
pprescott

Thank you Todd for the order!
Perry
Old 06-23-2004, 08:35 PM
BobbyRichardson

Wingbags by Caroline
Old 06-23-2004, 08:48 PM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Well I wanted to order the small 44" bag for my Giant Extra and all I can find is that they are on back order. Hey Todd, what number do you have to oder direct? Thanks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.